Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 cat 312 dash electronics and idle wont work

Tryusx · 2015-01-26 20:19

Still having dash out and no electronic throttle issue with this 312. Ive checked grounds relays and fuses with no luck. I noticed ecm has a red and green light lit which fades on and off without touching anything which makes me suspicious of a bad ecm. Its lit solid green when running with no issues. Its been doing this intermittently for a while. Also when I bang on ecm lights flicker. I jiggled wires going into ecm and no change.Does any one have a service manual for this machine or serial is7dkoo640. any thoughts would be appreciated.a wiring schematic would be helpful also if anyone has.

Replies5
  1. #1Mobiltech2015-01-26 20:48

    So does it make any difference if you switch to backup mode? Governor Control System Backup Switch (1) - To gain access to the switch, open the access cover by sliding it backward. In normal condition, the switch must be in the AUT (normal) position. If a problem occurs in the electronic control system which controls the engine governor, move the switch to the MAN (backup) position. The electronic controller is disconnected from the governor actuator circuit and the engine speed can be controlled manually. When the switch is placed in the MAN position, an "A" appears in the first digit of the character display. The switch overrides the functions of the AEC and engine speed dial switches. Speed Change Switch (2) - This switch can be used to change the engine speed when the governor control system backup switch is in the MAN position. The switch overrides the function of the engine speed dial. Move the switch in "RABBIT" sign direction to increase the engine speed. Move the switch in "TORTOISE" sign direction to decrease the engine speed. When released, the switch returns to the neutral position and the machine maintains the engine speed.

  2. #2Tryusx2015-01-26 21:26

    thanks Mobiltech, I can do that. Thats how Im running it as we speak. Just want to fix the problem so it can operate correctly like it was designed to with the governor to control idle when stopped. Thanks

  3. #3Mobiltech2015-01-27 21:56

    Are you sure of that serial number. I didn't see a 7DK listed

  4. #4Tryusx2015-01-27 23:26

    Yes it's correct

  5. #5CRAFT2015-01-27 23:59

    I seen that too Mobiltech ….. mine for sure is a '94 312 (making that an "A" model) …. and my prefix is "6GK ****" ….. seems I seen that prefix before ??? …. might be a Grey market unit ???