Thanks for letting me Join... hope you all can help with some questions.... 1. Looking for a source of manuals for this machine... Hitachi USA dose not support it because it is grey market (found this out after I got it home) 2. Does this machine have more than one ground speed? there is a switch on the control panel that has no lable 3. is there a John Deere model of this machine? as I have found out that Hitachi and John Deere are one in the same in many models. I am sure I will have more ?s later... thanks
My family has a 1995-ish Hitachi EX55UR grey market machine (slightly smaller than your machine) and we have found the same issues. One big thing with our machine is that all the controls are labeled in Japanese, so I have not clue one what half of the buttons and switches do. Our machine does has a foot pedal on the floor to engage high speed travel, but yours may be different. I did some research and you can get the manuals for the grey Hitachis direct from Hitachi global. I emailed them and they were very responsive but basically asked for my first born for a parts manual, so I have been holding off. There was a used EX60 manual on ebay not long ago (I keep hoping a 55 manual will show up). I stopped by the Deere/Hitachi dealer in Concord NH and the parts counter guy said they cannot get manuals but they do have the CDs for alot of the grey machines and can most likely get parts. We have not had an issue getting filters and common stuff. We have had our machine for a few years and so far it has been a great investment.
Thanks As a Matter of Fact I was at the dealer in Concord yesterday... and got some info but nothing on whether I have more than one ground speed and how to shift it. I also have a foot pedal... but this is for moving the offset boom left and right...
Yup, ours has the funky split boom too. Must be really popular overseas. I actually use it quite a bit. Again, your machine is probably way different but our high speed travel is activated by a small round pedal that you hit with your right heel. It's almost under the seat. Gotta believe that your machine is two speed as well.
Thanks Again If you get a chance shoot me a pic of your unit, mayby even a pic of the controls you are talking about... I will try to post some good shots here tomorrow
Some pics of the ex60urg The button above the key is the one I have the question about and I double checked ... there is no foot control for ground speed
Welcome to HEF ccmasrc! :drinkup
Welcome to HEF hydrogeo! :drinkup
Very nice paint job My 1997 Komatsu PC-75UU-2E is only one speed, but has the button on the floor for 2 speeds. Nameplate says it is only one speed. Kilometer / hr is same Japanese to English! I wonder why the kept the button? I have an L39 Kubota, a B7200 Kubota and the PC-75UU-2E. I find the excavator very expensive as I am always breaking something, and all my stuff just seems too small for what I ask of it. NH is tough land. I wish I had a 15 ton excavator and a heavier TLB. Your machine is a lot heavier that most mini excavators. Go luck with it. I wonder how much work a typical mini can really do against rocks and hard clay.
The Granite State I agree with you, NH is tough diggin'
Hitachi EX60 I have a EX60 and am also looking for a service manual, My machine is a 1991 or 94 I have had it about 5 years. There is only one ground speed, there is a flat switch on control panel it is a EP Extra power switch, flip it one way and it governs the motor or flip it the other way and get more power, I bought hydraulic filters ect for a E70B Caterpillar and they are supposed to be the same machine I was told. Hope this info helps. Cadyman
email address __________________________ Could you give me the email address for hitachi global I am desperate for help in fixing my machine. it has problems, thanks cadyman
Hitachi EX60 I just wanted to add that mine is a EX60 but does look just like your machine, Cadyman
Welcome to HEF cadyman! :drinkup
I will let you know if they respond to me... as of yet they have not, Hitachi worldwide
we have an EX50urg. great machine IMHO. a guy that i know had a parts book for the same machine as mine, i just made a copy of his. as far as a repair manual goes i have not been able to find one. the machine is pretty basic to work on from what i have run into. haven't had any problems that a little thinking and looking at a diffrent machines repair manual couldn't solve. the switch above the key i would guess is basicly an auto-idle control switch. find a good Deer/Hitachi dealer thats helpful. they should be able to get you almost any part that you need.
that button above the key controls engine rpm.one way is performance the other is economy for fuel saving ect. any idea what the preasures are for all the valve reliefs?
that switch above the key is the performance/economy switch.one way raises the engine rpm the other limits rpm.any ideas on the valve presures values someone was playing with mine and there all out thanks
parts book any chance you would make me a copy? I could pay yo for your trouble... thanks
any ideas on the specs for the presures in the valve bank?
dirty manual Hey dirt digglers, Where you find the manual for 790 elc John deere, most of the parts are hitachi, but with the deere name.
go directly to the john deere web site they have a down load section
Ex60 Urg Happy Thanksgiving dirtmovers; Also looking for a service/ maint. manual for my EX60. Any ideas? Thanks Glen
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Glen! :drinkup
I have one also, mine is not the same as yours but have had very good luck with it. I got parts, manuals from my Deere dealer. View attachment ex60.jpg.bmp
Ex60urg Thanks for the reply. I'll ck. with the Deere dealer. I'm having a problem with hyd. fluid leaking from the turntable. Doesn't seem to be coming from any of the lines attached to the turn table drive unit. Any ideas. Glen
i could try and find it at dad's when i'm there at christmas time. before i go copying it i could scan a few diffrent pages and email them to you so you can see if its even close. i think they are goin to be a little different though because of the year
Glen, the oil is coming out of your Center Swivel. The top seal is leaking the oil into the swing tub and then coming out the turntable. If you can get in there, take the rubber boot off the center swivel, pry it up and you should see oil there.
Also a new member here, Just bought a hitachi EX60 and downloaded the spec sheet from their website. Im looking for more detailed info (valve pressures, Filter numbers, Fluid types...). Would the dealer sheet give me those numbers? This is my first machine so there will prolly be many more questions to follow!! I transport equipment for alot of local contractors in my area and they seem to be out straight with work and i am hoping to cut down of the fuel comsumption in my truck. Thanks, steve
Looks familiar Son of a gun. Did u get that EX60URG from a Mass dealer in October? I missed one just like it by one day. Might've been you. Anyway I just picked up a 1996 Cat 307, 6000 hours, split boom, grey iron, and am looking for manuals. Or does anyone know what the comparable Mitsubishi model is? Thanks.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums legalpad! :drinkup
Ex60urg Hello all, I'm also new here and have just purchased an ex60urg. Not sure what year, but I'm thinking early 90's. I have an EP switch as well but it's below the key, I'll try to take some pictures. How does the EP work? (So that I can make sure it is working properly.) I was also wondering what the "hydraulic pushbutton" is attached to the throttle linkage under the hood. When I push the lever to max rpm, the linkage doesn't come anywhere near pushing the button. Any ideas? Did anyone ever find a source for a service manual?
Ok, the ep switch was in front of the key. I have the pictures of the valve, but can't seem to find out how to attach. Any ideas on that? Anyway, I traced the hose back to a small valve body mounted to the panel behind the main pump. It has 4 hoses attached that go somewhere where I can't see. Thanks.
Here's the valve: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh213/atk_nut/valve.jpg Here's the cab: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh213/atk_nut/cab.jpg
ex60urg are you talking about that switch between the two throttle linkages? that switch gets energized when you turn on or off the ep button it pushes against the throttle lever to reduce engine rpm. hope thats what you wanted
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums atk nut! :drinkup Check out the second red link in my signature for help with posting pictures.
Ex 55 Ur Any one find a manual for one of these Yet.?? HELP.:drinkup
EX 55 UR Button On my joy sticks their is a button on the top of each.. One is the Horn but the other one when pressed just beeps and the little red on the panel flashes. Any know what it does???:Banghead
Anybody know were the pressure range should be on these machines??
ex55ur manual or boom help I have a 1993 Hitachi ex55ur the boom will go up but not down and the dipper will go out but not in. We tried replacing an angle sensor but that didn't help $1200 bucks later still has the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?
Check your pilot controls, then your vavle bank, sounds like a vavle problem, or worst case you blew the packing out of the cyclinder:Banghead
we had a problem with our komatsu with the boom only moving for a few seconds and then stopping. turned out to be the ecm fuse. btw all the limit sensors on the machine are disconnected and it works fine. besides i couldnt read the japanese to set the limits anyway
dipper issue Correction to my post its actually an 1996 Hitachi EX55UR and we reversed the hydraulic lines and it will work the opposite way but still won't work both ways. So I don't think its a hydraulic issue. Also the alarm indicators go off sensing that the dipper is to close not sure if that makes a difference. I never tried without the sensors worth a try at this point machine is still down...
It sounds like you have a problem in the boom position sensing circuit. I don't think you have a valve problem, switching the hoses causing symptoms to be in opposite direction inidicates hyd control valves are operating. You could have a hyd ECM problem, but I wouldn't go there yet. You said you replaced "an angle sensor". I assume your talking about one of the boom position potentiometers, there's three of them. If you replaced one of them, I hope you didn't discard it. Since the new one didn't resolve your problem, that might mean your old one is still good. If you still have the old one, put it back on and move the new one to replace the other two pots. You might get lucky and find a bad pot and fix your problem.
I have a Hitachi EX75UR-3 1996 vintage. The folks at the John Deere shop came up with a CD with any part I could possible need. It was in Japanese and englich with pictures of the parts. I caught them on a slow day and saw it as a challenge to find the info
Abirmit is correct in Deere being able to find parts for these machines. Unlike Cat and Kobelco, who don't want to touch their grey mkt machines, Deere and Komatsu have ways of finding the parts for these machines, if the part is stocked by the U.S. distribution centers. In the case of Deere, with Hitachi grey mkt machines, even if your Deere dealer doesn't have any info on your particular grey machine, they can do what they call a "de-tec" case on your model and s/n to corporate Deere USA, who can provide your dealer with parts info needed to order parts you need. In some cases, you can get (as Abirmit stated) a parts manual for your grey machine that has picture breakdowns of components, but text in Japanese. But you can forget about getting operators and service manuals for you to work with on grey machines because there are no English versions, these machines were built for the Asian markets and their are no manuals for them in English.
Ex 55UR busta - I got a '95 Ex55UR with the same problem. Bucket curls in one direction, boom goes down and not up. A couple years ago I had the same problem and it was a boom sensor wire getting yanked too tight when the boom was fully extended (solved it by giving the wire some slack). But this time that doesn't seem to be my problem. All the sensors read the same voltage during operation. I'm also getting a constant alarm ringing from under the seat. In case you don't know: there should be 2 override switches. One is a button in one of the control arms and another is under the seat. You can always get the machine to move this way if you have to. As ATCOEQUIP advised, I'm going to overhaul the boom sensor wiring. And I hope it's not the ECM as I don't know if its even a part that can be purchased. Please keep me up to date if you figure out what your problem is, thanks.
Hi, I have just removed the slew motor & gear box as the oil from the reduction hub was running through to the slew ring bed. Firstly, we had destroyed the bearings removing the shaft. What if the best way to rebuild? Is the main shaft frozen & bearing heated? or just pressed into place? Am I correct in saying EP90 gear oil should be used? In the bed near the center joint there is some fragments of rubber. Any idea where this might have come from? Any help/suggestions much appreciated.
Bearing is probably a press fit, it might make it a snap to install it if it was heated a little. EP90 should be fine for oil, or a multigrade like 85W90. Most excavators have a rubber boot seal at the top of the center rotary swivel to keep water and trash out of slew ring area, does your rotary joint have a rubber boot seal?
Excellent tech advise, as usual from you.
Thanks special tool. I give it my best, life's tough enough, anything I can offer to make someone else's life a little easier is worth all the effort.
Hi, The boot is in place on the centre rotary. I have fished out some bigger pieces of the rubber & it looks exactly like the rubber seal that goes around the outside of the slew ring which is seen from the underside. I am hoping that it has been replaced in the past & this is part of the old one? Why it wasn't cleaned out I don't know. Another question, Do the planetry gears need timing when I put them together? I was looking at a reduction hub on my tractor & it says that all the punch dots on the gears should be towards the sun gear? Is there anything like this on the 2 sets of gears on the slew gearbox I am working on? Has anyone got any service manual data on this? Thanks for your help.
Not sure about your unit. Generally speaking; if you don't find any marks on your planet gears, it doesn't require a timing procedure. Again, generally speaking.
The slew gearbox is not timed.
Pretty spartan Gday chaps pretty spartan machines aren't they ? Pretty solid units and bloody strong diggers I've found though I've got a '98 EX58mu and its pretty basic stuff. That switch could be a travel limiter perhaps. My machines got one on the boom to stop it lifting to high. I've had mine since 2000 and put 4500 hours on it. Had its clothes of & been up close and personal with its gizzards plenty of times. got a spares manual and workshop manual. ( can't give them to you but possibly could be of assistance somehow) Cheers mate
I do have an operators manual and parts manual for a 1989 EX60-URG if anyone needs any info.
The little switch is for Power and Economy modes. the manual says: When you change the power mode setting, the engine and pump output are automatically adjusted to meet the conditions or the needs of the job at hand: P mode: for speed and high volume work E mode: for normal work conditions.
I just got a 1991 ex60 URG and was able to get an operators manual from dealer here in B.C. canada called Wayjex In a town called Kamloops. It may be a streatch since your in the states but if you dont have one yet you could try them, they also told me I could get a service manual for the unit as well but $400+ for that. The # is 1-800-819-2529. Hope that helps
Is it possible to get a copy of your manuals for your Hitachi EX58mu. I'd pay you for them. I'm having a hard time finding anything in the US on my Machine.
sick 5.8 ? Got a sick 5.8 mate ?
Glen, I have the same problem with my 1994 Hitachi EX60URG. The answer you received is very informitive. "Glen, the oil is coming out of your Center Swivel. The top seal is leaking the oil into the swing tub and then coming out the turntable. If you can get in there, take the rubber boot off the center swivel, pry it up and you should see oil there." The problem is how do u get in there. I have removed all the access plates from under to no avail. Does the entire top have to come off the machine? Can the "center swivel" be dropped out the bottom?
Welcome to the forum Murray. :usa I'm surprized Stock hasn't spotted ya yet as he is from Ireland as well. If you need to pull the hyd swivel, they generally drop out the bottom of the turntable, but you still have to access the top of the swivel to disconnect hoses from the top as well.
Re: Hitachi EX60URG. The unit on I thought was the hyd swivel located underneath dead center, is piped to the drive wheels & the blade. The only other visable possibilty is slightly off centre accessable from the top, between the base of the boom & the battery box. Can anyone help me with location of hyd swivel, how to access it & how to remove it for seal replacement?
Murray, that was it. Dead center and has the travel piping and the blade plumbing going to it. It drops out the bottom. Should be 3 bolts holding it from under. You have to take the hoses off the top side as well as the bracket that stops it from turning. Then lower it down. When gettiing parts make sure you mention it has a blade.
looking at your pics this excavator is also a IHI we have them here too we dont call them grey area /we call them jap domestic remeber if you can get book in japanies reading shcematics hydruilics and electrics is an international langage cant remember how second speed works do think same sytem as kobuta knot solinoid as one would NORMALY epect cheers gotta go my kangaroo has escaped
by memery second speed operates by floor pedal same as kubota sytem cant remember but if im right diverts extra oil to travel motors from blade pump its not solinoid operated this excavator in my land is also a [IHI] and hitachi imformation here is also grey area /jap demestic import
check the top seal in rotary joint in the center of the turn table check the top seal in the rotary joint
theres six lines in the bottom that need to come off in the top where visable theres 4 lines that go in the top they come off do not forget where these lines go theres 1 lines that go in each side down close to the turn table take them 0ff theres a stay bar with 2 bolts that need to come out after all this is done go back under and pull the 3 bolt that go in from the bottom the joint will come out from the bottom
I need a parts manual or download I need a parts manual or a copy 1994 ex60urg
From reading these post I sure am glad I bought a Hitachi EX60URG! Kidding aside it was a decent machine until the swing motor started acting up. When started, the swing function will not move or just barely in each direction, motor labors. Then, with either track lever barely open the swing works fine. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Also I would love to get my hands on a download manual. Thanks!:usa
is this manual in Japanese or English? if its in English i would pay for a copy of it if your interested?
Hi Aidan, I can email you a copy if you send me your email address Aiden
please let me know the cost/payment details etc. my email is [email protected] thanks aidan
I see that this is a older post, If you are still around the forum Panorama, Is there any way you'd part with the manuals ? I live near in Cresent Valley. Thanks in advance
I trying to track down info manuals (parts/operators)for my Hitachi ex60urg, its a early 90's model. any help is appreciated as I need to diagnose and repair a few issues.
hi cps any chance to get an copy of ur manual i would pay for it or anyone ?
could any one plese email me an copy of manual for ex60urg i would pay thanks
Hi chriss, send me your email and il forward it on to you!
thats great news my email [email protected] thanks alot
CPS or Chriss : Any chance of sending me a copy also ? Ive been trying to track one down for a long time. ( [email protected] ) many thanks in advance.
Sounds as though we are all in a similar boat(or hole) cps...any chance of sending a copy to [email protected] please?? appreciate your help
I send it to both you soon.......can't seem to find it.. but its here somewhere
CPS, Can you send a copy to me too? [email protected] Needing it for electrical issue in may machine Thank in advance.
I'm in need of one, can someone please email me ( [email protected] ) a copy of a manual for ex60urg? Thank you for your help.
I have this exact machine. I'm looking for these manuals, any way I could get a copy from you? My email is [email protected] Thank you, Chris Horton
EX60URG Manuals Mine is a 1994 and would very much like to get a copy of the manuals if possible. Thank you! [email protected]
I too have been looking for these. I have a 1994 ex60urg. I would be willing to pay for them. If someone is willing to send them to me I would really appreciate it. My email is [email protected] Thanks, John
Hi CPS Can I get a copy of the EX60URG manual .My email address is [email protected] Thank you ED
Hi CPS, if you did find that parts manual could you please send it to me as well, or if anyone else has it please send it to [email protected] Brent
Hello CPS, I bought the Ex60 off of ccmasrc (pictures on page one of this message string). I am in the process of rebuilding several pieces and could sure use a copy of the manual if you found it! email: [email protected] . Many thanks, Mike
Hi All (and CPS in particular), I'm new to this forum and I know this thread is kind of old but I would very much appreciate it if someone (CPS or other) could send me a copy of that Ex60urg manual as I own an Ex55ur and I am pretty sure that the similarities between the two could help me diagnose why the return stroke on the dipper stick get slower and slower as the engine gets warm. So if anyone is kind enough to send me a copy of that Ex60urg manual, my email is [email protected] Thank you very, very much in advance Chris
Hi All (and CPS in particular), I'm new to this forum and I know this thread is kind of old but I would very much appreciate it if someone (CPS or other) could send me a copy of that Ex60urg manual as I own an Ex55ur and I am pretty sure that the similarities between the two could help me diagnose why the return stroke on the dipper stick get slower and slower as the engine gets warm. So if anyone is kind enough to send me a copy of that Ex60urg manual, my email is [email protected] Thank you very, very much in advance Chris
I have a 1994 EX50 that is disabled and I need to unlock the tracks to move it can anyone help me with this?
I have a deere 70D that i just got a service manual for. It's apparantly similar to what you have. You pop the covers off the final drives and remove the shafts to move it, sez the book.
Ex60urg manual help please hello cps, i too would be willing to pay for a copy of the owners and parts manuals..... My email is [email protected]
I have just purchased the same machine and have been getting as much information as possible I have purchased the parts Manual for the urg model and am currently looking for the maintenance manual. I had someone take a look at the machine I just purchased and they mentioned it was an Eco switch ( not sure if that's even true ) but I will be receiving the manual on Tuesday and hopefully can shed some light on a lot of questions I have on these machines. If you have any info on the machine you could share it would be very much appreciated as this is my first machine and knowledge is key thank u
Eco switch is the rocker by the throttle. Middle position is full power.
I have the service and parts Manuel for the hitachi ex-60 URG model
I know this is a old post any chance I could buy a service manual for my ex60urg Mike
Hitachi ex60urg manuals Hi cuoto782 I'm new to the forum, but see you posted last year you had manuals for the EX60URG. I am looking for these manuals, can you offer any help? I'm willing to pay for a copy. Thank you very much.
Ex/FX 60URG manuals I have a parts manual that I bought online but I could use a service manual. Did you find a service manual ? & Do you need a parts manual ? Mike
I know this is a old post any chance I could buy a service manual for my ex60urg Mike
Hi Mike Thanks for your reply. Yes the post is old, but the problems with the lack of manuals is still the same. Sorry I have no manuals at all, but am looking for a parts and a service manual. Where did you manage to get yours? Is it on a CD? Thanks for the help.
Give me your address, I will go to staples & make copies of the parts manual. What my cost is that what you pay. Mike p.s. If you locate a repair manual keep me in mind.
Ex60urg Hey Mike, I am in the same situation. I have an ex60urg with Isuzu engine. Can't find any numbers on engine to be able to get parts. I have a model tab on the cab. Don't know year. Would it be possible to get parts manual?
Manuals for EX60 URG Hi, wondering if you would be able to send me a copy of manuals for Ex60 URG Email [email protected] thanks
I buy from Wajax industries and they are pretty good at cross matching parts for these gray machines. I have a operator/service manuals for the ex50urg and ex60urg. I also have the parts manual for the ex50urg and a service manual for the 2 and 3 cylinder Isuzu engines. All on disk if anybody is interested.
EX60URG manuals Hi Captain Charlie, thanks for your reply, please let me know if you could send the files or post copy of disks for EX60URG to Sydney Australia and price to do so. Thank you
manuals captain charlie I would be very interested in the operator/service manuals for the ex50urg and ex60urg. I also have the parts manual for the ex50urg and a service manual for the 2 and 3 cylinder Isuzu engines.Email address is [email protected] thank you ED
ED I Also live in N.J. & have a 1994 gray market ex60urg/fx60urg. It has hydraulic problems and has been down for the past 2 years. I have had several "Good" mechanic attempt to repair it, $5000.00 into it and the same problem. I have a parts book but no service Manuel. Do you know Mechanics in N. J. metro area? Can I buy a copy of the service Manuel. Please call or email me w-973-340-9884 c 973-747-6234 Michael G Lodi NJ
I recently purchased this same model machine. But it’s missing the main hydraulic pump. Any idea where I could find one.
Would it be possible to get a copy of your ex60urg operators manual, I have the prts manual? Thanks.
Hey guys new to this could any1 help me with a problem on a case 488p excavator?
Welcome to HEF Johndogs ! Please start a new post instead of piggy backing another. The Case guys will be able to spot it easier that way.
I have 50URG operation manual which should be a big help to you .Shoot me a pm with your email address. thanks
I'm new at this and don't know how to pm you.
Bumping this thread. I just acquired an early 90s EX60URG. I've been changing fluids and generally going over the machine. John Deere was nice enough to sell me the operators manual, parts manual and component parts manuals. I'm looking for a service manual for the machine (in English). Not sure such an animal exists. I pulled the plugs out of the final drives and they were full to the top and a little pressurized. My presumption is that the hydraulic system is pressurizing the planetary case. I'll have a separate string for this issue. As i understand it after looking around that a 60-1 or a JD 70D are essentially the same machine on the lower half.
Planetary will pressize just from running them . Always break loss the plug at the 12 oclock position . Then hand tighten and role to the check position . I am pretty sure I have a pdf manual on it. What is your email ?
Sent you a PM. Whatever you have would be greatly appreciated! thanks, chris
Thank you tool_king!
Well, I am another person in need of some manuals. I broke a bucket pin and twisted the dog bones. Having a hard time finding parts. May have to have new ones fabricated. Having a parts manual would help for the bushing and seals. Thanks in advance.
Any possible way tat I could get a copy of the manuals as well. [email protected]