Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 International

House2Home ยท 2014-04-14 21:41

well I figured I would use everyone else's experience and reach around the country to see what you guy's thoughts are on a 1994 international single axle 10 ton dump truck. it has the cummins L10 engine. 9 speed with 2 speed rear-end. anyone have a similar truck or experience with one? It has 309,000 miles which is more then I was hoping for but no rust and sounds good and looks like its in great shape. one thing I don't know anything about is vehicles or mechanic work. Is the L10 a good engine? Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1stumpjumper832014-04-14 22:21

    Humm... sounds good I'm a little surprised by the 9 speed w/ the 2 speed rear, that's a lot of gears, but they will come in handy. I have a 88 ford 800 with a 5 speed and 2 speed rears, another top gear would be handy. If the 2 speed is electric, they can be problematic, but parts are still available. The L-10 is as big of a motor as is usually found in single axles, and its a good one. I really like my ford 7.8 but that's cause its a fuel mizer, and has medium power, your l-10 will drink a little more but pull better. With that number of miles its a possibility your dealing with a converted road tractor, its not a bad thing in single axles, but if it was a tandem, it might not have been double framed. To me, if it had air to the rear, hitch already set up, ready to pull trailer, I'd say 8-10k tops.

  2. #2House2Home2014-04-14 23:14

    it does have air and electric to the rear and the pintle hitch. they recently repainted the bed, which has 41" sides which is nice but you can tell that they didn't just paint over rust. it actually looks like a clean paint job. only 2 rust spots on the back side of the cab, one on each side but they aren't very big and they don't go all the way through. they had it listed for $16k, I have him down to $13. the engine and underframe all look good to, especially for so many miles. I just don't know what it really is worth. here is a pic. what do you think? it has heated mirrors, an air powered rear gate lock and a couple other things I liked to. its an 8000 series, if that matters.

  3. #3redneckracin2014-04-15 08:33

    I was looking at that truck to. But the price tag I thought was too high. Only thing I can really suggest is to go take it for a test drive.

  4. #4House2Home2014-04-15 10:01

    I did. engine sounds good and like I said the body and interior are both immaculate except for those 2 little rust spots. I found the exact same truck with only 35,000 miles on it though listed for $13500, but I haven't been able to go check out its condition yet. I wish I could find a Mack as I know they are good trucks but everything ive found is either out of my price range or in really rough shape.