Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 john deere 210c engine replacement. 4039d swap to 4045d

Dustin Elway ยท 2019-11-28 03:44

I have a bad engine in my loader. Lost counterbalance shaft bearings and then it took it timing gears And cracked block. I have found a 4045df150 locally that I can get for cheap. my original engine was a 4039d. will it swap right over?

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612019-11-29 05:18

    Welcome to HEF Dustin ! Technically yes. The block configurations should be the same. What did the 4045 come out of. What is the HP rating? Do you have the serial number for the 4045? A 210C is rated for 60 HP.

  2. #2Dustin Elway2019-11-29 09:37

    PE4045D205483. It's in an air compressor.

  3. #3mg23612019-11-30 05:48

    The 210's serial number? Was the replacement engine out if a IR 185?

  4. #4Dustin Elway2019-11-30 10:24

    T0210CE783427. That sounds about right. I don't know The make or model of the compressor, but I get the whole thing.

  5. #5mg23612019-12-01 05:14

    Unfortunately the build codes of the compressor engine are not telling me the HP rating or injection pump setup. So I do not know how the engine will perform in your application. A crap shoot I guess. Might have to swap over the flywheel housing and a few other things but it should fit.