I have a 580 super d I’ve had it for a while but havent used the hoe to dig too much. The more I use it though it seems like it should have a little more power. But the main thing I notice is that I can only do 1 function at a time. It also leaks down quickly. I can raise the back end up but it can’t hold the weight of the machine ones I let off the valve. I don’t have much experience in diagnosing hydraulics so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Have you changed the hydraulic filter lately ? Is the hydraulic reservoir full ? You most likely have a boom cylinder or cylinders that need to be rebuilt due to internal leakage.
Yeah, filter is new. I’ve rebuilt almost every cylinder since I’ve owned the machine, not saying that couldn’t be it just giving more information
If the loader bucket is on the ground, raising the rear wheels off the ground with the hoe - it WILL leak down. That is how the machine was designed. If the loader bucket is raised off the ground slightly, then yes, the hoe should hold the rear wheels off the ground. You will need to at least test the main relief pressure to know what is happening with power. If speed is an issue, does it get worse when warm? If so a flow test for the hydraulic pump will tell you if it is tired. Considering the age of the machine, there could be issues with internal leakage at the BH control valve. If you hold the bucket cylinder at full crowd, does any other circuit move? - Then you will need to reseal the load check valves. If the BH seems weaker than the loader hydraulics - Then you need to inspect the power beyond fitting at the loader control valve & check the oring on the tube there.
Thanks for the reply what’s the best way to check the relief pressure? I wouldn’t say that speed is an issue. Every function moves pretty well just not at the same time. I have noticed that if you hold the bucket valve maxed out the whole arm will start to creep to the right. the front loader is very strong The hoe part is still decent but I just feel like it should have a little more power. Especially when the extendahoe is all the way out I do realize that it’s around a 40 year old machine so I’m not expecting any crazy power just to be able to use it more efficiently would be nice. thanks for the help
I would check the main relief pressure also the load check valve O-rings are probably bad in the bh control valve. They are a neoprene O-ring that tend to deteriorate over time. That's what causing the bh drift when you bottom out a function. There may be a quick connect in you loader valve to connect a gauge.