Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1994 John Deere 310D reverser rebuild

JD310D1994 · 2024-11-28 14:29

I purchased my first piece of heavy equipment this week a 1994 JD 310D 4x4 backhoe. This was a custom home builders only backhoe until 3 years ago it failed to go into reverse. He had a mobile heavy equipment company come out and diagnose a vaulty FNR solenoid valve assembly and replaced parts to the tune of $3k. Two days later the backhoe failed to move forward now. He parked it and bought a different backhoe. The 310 has right at 8000 hours so I think the best bet is to just rebuild the reverser entirely with a new torque converter. I see a lot of companies offering this kit but I have no experience with any of them. For those of you that are in the heavy equipment repair field who do you recommend I source parts from. I tried to go directly to John Deere but the kit is obsolete.

Replies3
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-11-29 09:55

    That’s a load and a half for that truck. Good luck on the rebuild, check Broken Tractor for parts.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-11-29 12:23

    Welcome to HEF, JD3101994

  3. #3JD310D19942024-11-29 12:57

    It sure was, did the slow roll home.