Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland rear main seal

T-Bird ยท 2024-11-28 13:29

Can anybody cross a New Holland number? I have a job coming up and our dealer takes forever to get parts in and most of the time it is the wrong part. One of their better parts men downloaded the parts book to a USB drive and gave it to me so I can look up my own parts. He is no longer there. I don't want one of the off the shelf seals like Steiner etc sells (they are too hard and will leak) I think the last seal I got was a national and it was soft and pliable. The NH # is 83955247.

Replies6
  1. #1T-Bird2024-11-28 14:42

    Looks like it crossed to a victor 81-10137-00 and that still don't help. LOL

  2. #2Joe H2024-11-28 14:59

    You don't want to use the OE part, or just can't get it? Ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2332490.m570.l1313&_nkw=NH+83955247&_sacat=0

  3. #3T-Bird2024-11-28 16:19

    There is a group that has bought up all of the dealerships in this area, They are over priced and their service sucks. This man owns two of these 40 series tractors, one 4 WD with loader and this one with loader also. I had to go back into the 4WD tractor and do it over again because the "dealer" sold him aftermarket crap that lasted maybe two years. That seal was as hard as a rock when I removed it. I would like to go back with a National seal.

  4. #4NH575E2024-11-28 16:29

    Did you check for excess crankcase pressure? I would check for a clogged PCV before condemning any seals. Quick check is pull the dipstick and feel for pressure with the engine running.

  5. #5T-Bird2024-11-28 16:38

    These do not have a PVC, They have what I would call a draft tube and it is open. The tractor is over 30 years old and although it is a low hour machine it is time for seals to start acting up. The previous owner never really worked the tractor, was wanting a smaller tractor so I turned one of my customers onto it. And he works it like a tractor should be worked. I forget how much hay he baled with it this year but it was several hundred round bales.

  6. #6T-Bird2024-11-28 19:46

    Disregard my request, The SOB thinks a oil change is gonna fix it. Had I known that was going to be his reaction, I wouldn't have wasted what time I did researching this matter.