Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 310 backhoe

ez-G ยท 2024-02-17 22:30

I have 1995 310 john Deere backhoe . I went from forward to reverse and it wouldn't move. So turned it off to restart it but it won't restart. Battery is fully charged and no broken wires. It will start with a screw driver jumping it right at the starter, but it won't move forward or backwards. What could be the problem and why won't it start using the key?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612024-02-18 06:49

    Welcome to HEF ez-G ! Model years in the equipment world mean nothing. Need to know the complete machine serial number so accurate information can be gathered for assisting you.

  2. #2ez-G2024-02-18 10:35

    T0310DA812527 is the identification number.

  3. #3mg23612024-02-19 04:52

    FNR in neutral? Try jiggling it when cranking. My Online service manuals are down right now, so I cannot check the schematics. The FNR also acts as the neutral start switch, IIRC. When the manjuals are back up I can give more detail.

  4. #4ez-G2024-02-19 23:31

    Mine was an undersized fuse for the parking brake. It still beeps and says to stop when shifting to forward or reverse though, then it stops beeping. If it leave it neutral for too long it will beep once i shift out of neutral. Why does it do that?

  5. #5mg23612024-02-20 04:53

    Please explain more clearly. The red stop light illuminates and the alarm beeps when shifting into forward/reverse? Then, if you put it in neutral it stops?

  6. #6ez-G2024-02-20 10:03

    Yes that is correct. The light with the exclamation point also flashes. Oil and coolant levels are full.

  7. #7mg23612024-02-21 05:12

    You checked the reverser oil level with the engine running, correct?

  8. #8ez-G2024-02-21 11:34

    No. I'll have to try it with it on.