Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 428D scheme/parts catalogue for OEM powertrain

niamek ยท 2024-02-18 13:07

Im looking for some scheme / parts catalogue for front and rear axle and transmission (its manual, standart powershift, 4 gears forward and reverse. I got cat parts catalogue for powertrain, but i would like to know who is OEM and OEM scheme. I know that front axle is ZF but no scheme. And also know that cat backoes series C and D1 (before new, other front axle) machine powertrains are the same... probably A and B series powertrains are the same. maybe someone got those schemes. CAT is charging x5 price for those parts than OEM... so its better to contact companies who sell directly parts for ZF, Carraro, Dana Spicer or whatever...

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2024-02-18 16:50

    You may discover that, despite being made by ZF or some other external company, that the components in which you are interested are made specifically for Cat and are therefore considered "proprietary". Under those circumstances the company who built the component (Dana, ZF, whoever) will decline to supply parts direct to customers.

  2. #2Vetech632024-02-18 17:27

    That is why they do proprietary contracts. I have an Eaton drive motor on a Wirtgen right now that has 1 blown seal............but I can't get a seal kit at all. BUT I can buy a brand-new motor from the dealer for $9500. Its insanity.