Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 450 G Hydraulic dead ?

MUDDAHOLIC ยท 2023-04-11 16:33

Hi All. So My 450 G hydraulic system is not responding. It started to move slowly over about 1 hour then all of a sudden died. Wont lift the blade at all. Changed the filter as per specs and even installed a new one, no change. The oil reservoir is full. Please help as this machine is down in a valley apx. 1500 ft. Any suggestions, thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanx ....

Replies7
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-04-11 22:01

    Check the hydraulic pump pressure at the dozer control valve. Spec is 2700 psi at full throttle. The main relief valve is in the inlet section of the control valve. Remove it and check for any blown o-rings or debris. If no changes ,a pump flow test would be next.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-04-12 09:04

    Welcome to HEF, Muddaholic ! Did check the strainer in the tank ? Item #12.

  3. #3MUDDAHOLIC2023-04-13 20:17

    Great advise ... thank you sir. I will check accordingly.

  4. #4Mike L2023-04-13 20:25

    Any whining, chatter, or does the engine labor when running a hydraulic function? Did the filter have any metal filings or debris in it?

  5. #5MUDDAHOLIC2023-04-13 22:42

    Wow... thank you for taking the time to posting that diagram. I will look into this. Thank you !

  6. #6MUDDAHOLIC2023-04-13 22:46

    Hi there. There is no noise when the engine is / was running the pump. As far as the filters, I have not opened one up yet. I will be working with it next week as this property is in some very rough terrain and I need three hours to get to it. I will check it out though. Thank you for the help.

  7. #7MUDDAHOLIC2023-04-13 22:48

    So a friend is the county mechanic for Gilliam County Or. He has a pressure tester and given a bottle of Irish Whiskey has agreed to help. I will let you know what we find out. Thank you for the help!