I just bought a hoe a month or so ago, and it didnt come with an owners manual. I was just curious if any of you fellas know much about these hoes, what some of the specs are, the types of oil that are reccomended, that sort of stuff. It seems to be a decent hoe so far, has the typical wiring problems that I am slowly fixing, and the floor is actually in really good shape on this one!
if you go to the case site they seam to have a parts sheet up to look up parts and if you call your local dealer they will be able to tell you what type oild you might need .
Cool thanks for the tip. I have went and got a few parts lists to order some pins and bushings from the local case dealer. I have also got a few wiring scematics from them. Havent thought to actually ask them if they have a spec sheet for me though.
Case 580sk information Before I found this forum I did hours of research on a 580SK that I wanted to buy and did buy. My concern was parts availability and information. I ended up buying used copies of the operators manual, parts manual and repair manual. Since I have found an aftermarket parts source that save me hundreds of dollars. Case has an online parts manual; https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/main.php I use it and found it easier to use than the paper manual. For aftermarket Pins & Bushings for Backhoes, Dozers ect: http://www.e-backhoeparts.com/noncaseparts.htm Use the case numbers to find what you need. Be sure to call Dale and speak with him, He has never failed to find the part I needed. However there are parts that you will have to get thru Case. Where I occasionally need help is finding the best method of repair or replacement. I post those questions here and do recieve answers. My latest project that I have yet to do is removing the swing tower from the tractor to replace the bushings and pins. I'm still studying how I'll do it. and would like to hear how others perform R&R on swing tower bushings. If I can provide some specs for your 580 SK let me know which Specs.
33 horse, that link goes to a site but says it timed out. Can you post one that would work, that looks like a great resource :notworthy
corrected Case Parts web address for Parts breakdown Go here and search parts on yellow bar & dropdown And search parts on the next page, then it takes you to another site where you enter your model and see a Parts Breakdown and Part Numbers. http://casece.com/ If you don't wish to buy from Case, Print your parts list and go to the aftermarket site mentioned. He also sells Hydraulic cylinder Rebuild kits by BullDog. Very reasonable and they work, I successfully rebuilt all my cylinders. Before this Backhoe I have never rebuilt a cylinder. It's a great feeling of accomplishment and proving to yourself that you can do something you've never done before. If I can help, let me know, sharing information is very good good for all of us.
Cool you have alot of usefull information. Here is a question for ya, might sound dumb though. How does a guy check the level of the hydraulic oil? Ive checked for a sight glass, and theres no dipstick, that I can see off hand. What hydraulic oil is reccomended in the manual?
preppy, There is a guy that has a store on ebay that sells all the manuals for the 580's, I believe they are $30.
580sk Yes the Operators Manual on E-bay is good. There are also Parts Manuals ands shop repair manuals. The Hydraulic Fluid is the sight you see on the side of the Tractor. The Transmission has a dip stick, If you sit in the seat and turn around to use the backhoe sticks, look down there is either a plug or a hole and you will find a dip stick. The Transmission and Hydraulic fluids are different. I;ll have to dig out my manual to be specific. Don't mix them. Stay with one brand of each that has the same specs if you change it out. Someone more versed than me might help you with substitutions. I use Tractor Supply Hydraulic Fluid that meets John Deere Specs. If someone doesn't beat me to the draw, I'll post the exacts fluids in a day or so.
Thanks a ton 33horse. I will also check on ebay when I get a chance for a manual.
Fluids The user manual on a 580sk says TCH and Hy-Trans Ultra. I don't recall which one is which (still looking for my manual). You can use any that meet the specs of both. For example I use Tractor Supply's Traveller Brand at $34 bucks for 5 Gallons (sometimes it comes in 6 Gallons for same price) I look for Case Specs "MS-1209 & MS-1210" If it lists both specs I use it for both the Hydraulics and Transaxle. In the past, you had to buy two separate products. This can be argued by some but, Regardless of brand you need to buy according to standard specs from a convienent source. I personnally avoid Mystik products by Citgo.