New machines are being designed and released every year. What are some options or inovations you would like to see in the future to make the job easier? Feel free to compare options that some brands may have but may work on all machines. I would like to try to accumulate a list of options whether they exist or not to see where the future may lead us.
Coffee maker, auto-pilot, reclining leather massage seat. I can dream cant I?
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums landrvrnut22! :drinkup
For finer grading work with a TLB, some side-to-side angle adjustment, whether it be in the front bucket, or hydraulically on the rear axle. Readily reversible rear buckets - similar pin sizes, mounting flange widths and geometry that works both directions. A "Boot Brush", but now I'm starting to dream...
Angle adjustment would definatly be nice. I would actually like to see some sort of better seats.
I like the idea of the reversable bucket. Works well with excavators, why not on a hoe. I always thought a rear view mirror for when your facing rear ward was a good idea and john deere was smart and did that. Case finally mounted the hydralic pump of the trans. instead of the front. I personally would really like to see a snow plow that self aligns and all hydralics will connect and disconnect on their own for those times were you get caught in the freezing cold and wind doing it.:idea
Cat already uses all wheel steering one backhoes, just none around here. I'd like to see AWS and same size wheels on at least on or two models. I don't know about side shift b/c i've never used it, but if it's there it needs to be powered.
well heres the pictures i forgot to attach in the last post.
Come over here and take a look, here we've had that for years, here's an example of a bucket like that. Basically 2 pins on a set distance and width that the coupler grabs. Comes in different sizes and is common up to 25-30t machine weight.
The place I worked at before had a few plows with volvo quickcouplers fitted with a modified oilquick so the hydraulics connected at the same time you coupled the plow to the loader. It worked quite good but there weren't enough interest from the customers to go ahead and market it, too many old stubborn folks doing the buying.....
Scandinavian made backhoeloaders have a bunch of high tech features. Hydraulically operated quickcouplers front and rear for speedy bucket changes, rototilt to spin the bucket 360°, tilt +-45°, side angling boom, hydrostatic transmission, powered sideshift, remote control etc bla bla bla... All expensive whistles and bells that works well on a market where the operator is married to his backhoe and think $300 000 is cheap for a backhoe. Not the thing for a place with a dynamic market and a flexible workforce with multiple operators for one machine. One feature makes more sense than the others, though. Bidirectional drive controls. On older backhoes it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble but on the new ones with EH controls in the armrests, fitting bidirectional controls would be a breeze. An extra proportional valve for steering control in backhoe mode, an extra set of pedals mechanically linked to the ones in front and a forward/reverse switch. The steering valve could be controled with a thumb wheel on top of the left joystick. Another possibillity would be a button that switches your slew control to steering control. A good value option that gives more mobility and flexibility. Deere has got it started with their "Repositioning Creeper Drive Control" on the 110TLB backhoe. New Holland seems to have done a really good job on their TV145 Bidirectional ag tractor, can't see why they wouldn't make their backhoes run both ways. http://www.newholland.com/na/bidirectional/ Does anyone know how the NewHolland TV145 is doing on the market by the way? Are there many of them? How expensive are they? Anyone tried one?
Might mount the cab like a mini excavtor,so you could turn the backhoe 360,then you could load the dirt,concrete,etc. right into the loader bucket:beatsme :usa
I'd like to see them get away from using so much plastic in the cabs. I realize that they are trying to make everything look pleasing to the eye, but the plastic interior parts are what fall apart and break if you don't constantly go around keeping the fasteners tight. This look also adds time when trying to do a field repair. I myself have been guilty of prying a little too hard and breaking the fragile plastic tabs trying to access the failed switch or component. At that time, frustration has more than likely set in :Banghead and since time is money, plastic ends up flying so I can get the problem fixed and get back on the clock. :bash At the end of the day, I end up replacing the parts I destroyed while trying to fix that hidden $20.00 switch.
I thought the same thing as Construct'O before have the whole cab swing like and excavator! Probably not 360* but maybe 300* would be posible.
The rotating cab would be real intresting. Personally I would be very happy if all the manufactures would offer there machines with 4wheel steer with equal size tires as they do in europe. Also Sideshift would be a nice option for anyone operating in the city, or just going in after for repairs.I would also like to see more manufactures have they joysticks built into the armrests as JCB and some new Deeres do.