Hello all, First post... I'm looking at a 1995 CaseL XT 4x4 Skip Loader. I still need to inspect and go over it but it's at auction with 7200 hrs. It's not exactly a cherry but is suppose to run but has the box gannon listed as inoperable. What do you suspect the high to low auction price would be for this old girl (total POS vs a decent machine) . I'm buying for personal use around our ranch, not trying to make $$ with it. We have a well equipped shop and will do all but the most serious maintenance and repairs here...so I'm hoping to buy low and have room for repairs and parts. Any help is appreciated! Paul
Oh well...Thanks for looking. Probably a tough question to answer without any information than what I have...If I win the bid this week, I'll come back and let you know how it went. Paul
It is a hard one to give advice on. Gannon box is inoperable could mean the box is junk or the tractor won't raise and lower it or both. The condition of the tractor would make a huge difference in the value of it. Look at listings on Iron Planet and Machinery Trader to get an idea of what they are asking for them.
Low would be $6,000 high would be $16,000 to $18,000. Although that's on the high side of hours
Again, THANKS all. I'm gonna go look this week and run it if possible. Too much of a POS and I'll keep looking. Wish me luck! LOL
Good Luck ! Post back and let us know what you decided.
99 570 LXT Did some repairs lately just so you have an idea how much i bleed with this girl Tires $2000... you will change them when traction goes to hell Transmission control module rebuild $1000 in parts from coleman + bought repair manual as well for that one $350 Gannon/ 3pt hitch repairs $2000 in welding + $500 parts + $800 hydro ram rebuild of tilt cylinder hell each plow bolt for the loader blade is $10. All labor was me except the welding.....and its just to help me around the property like you. it's worth it to pay more for a newer/ lower hour machine took me months to get the list of things to do...shorter
Well, I'm back from the Las Vegas Ritchie auction...didn't win a thing. This was my first rodeo and things move FAST. The auctioneer is so fast sometime you are not even sure of your bid. My first dream machine was a 2008 Cat 414 with 1700 hrs. I bid early and wasn't even close...it went for $27,500 hey...ya gotta try Second up was a BEAT UP, WORN OUT 1999 570L XT with 8000hrs. My limit on this poor old POS was $4-5k it went for $5500 and it needed at LEAST $5k to make it right. Lastly was a 1996 570L XT NON OPERATIONAL that did not run. Really a nice machine with little wear and presented very well. IT WENT FOR $6500...MORE THAN THE RUNNING MACHINE. I think it was tinkered with so as to not run by someone to get it low. Who the heck would HONESTLY bid $6500 on an unknown like that?? I'm with ya hammertime, I'll be better off to get a good low hour machine that an old beater. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, I'm still in the hunt... Paul
Look around in Cali too since machines that old are starting to get phased out because of emissions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My horseshoer bought a bulletproof F350 from the Railroad auction in vegas for $4500. was tied to an osha situation in its past and is still in that lot a year later. I dont think he will be getting it. hopefully he gets his $$ Those cat414e are beasts. i see them on CL for $23k? in Southern Cal. I wish you luck in that price range. Only thing i ever see around here in phoenix is a case 480? but i think your looking for something larger? My dream machine is and always JD210LE. killer to operate. I have been seeing those starting to pop up here in the SW as well but not under $17k ( i think i saw one in titan trader around that) we have those case 2wd 570 popping up now as well ( i literally look everyday watching whats up) all repainted and shiny with the wrong decals. that means its better right?... right? LOL ( i have a 2wd so im not knocking it
I know mechanics that worked at those auctions and they told me it is quite common for dirt bags (people) to disable a machine when no one is looking so it won't start, so it will be sold cheaper.