Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 f800 fuel level sender

John V ยท 2021-04-29 15:56

Heya, anyone know the ohm range for a fuel level sender for an 1995 f800 8.3? I bought a Dakota fuel level sender 10 (empty) - 180ohm (full) as my 1995 f800 service manual indicated that ~145ohms was full and ~22ohms was empty, but this seems to be inverted for my gauge. Found an ebay review that said his 1993 f800 was 73 ohm(empty) to 10 ohm (full), wondering if mines the same. I bought a potentiometer of amazon to test, but always like to check your guy's input. The guts of the rheostat of my original sender fell apart, so I wasn't able to test that thing's readouts.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2021-04-29 16:21

    Recalling way back when I had one, 10ohm full, 72ohm empty. This page covers them. http://fordification.com/tech/fuel-sending-units.htm And one dorman unit review said they got one backwards and disassembled and flipped the rheostat.

  2. #2John V2021-04-29 17:32

    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. Everywhere was saying up to the 80s they used the 70-10 ohm senders, after that the 16-158 senders. These mid 90s f800s seem to be a hybrid of 80s and 90s parts

  3. #3heymccall2021-04-29 17:57

    The dash on my '98 F-800 matched the neighbor's '85 F-150.