Hi, I am new to the forum. We have a 95 Grove Manlift Model Sm2232E that does not move very fast when it is in the up position. Since I do not have the service manual I am here hoping to get a response. Does anyone know why this manlift would go slow or barely move when it is in the up position? When it is lowered it runs normally. When it is up it barely goes is super slow. If you move the limit switch in the up position then it goes just fine.
I believe most manlifts travel speed is reduced once you lift the boom out of the rest they go into slow travel mode. I believe for stability reasons. The Simon and both Genie's my employer had were like that. I don't know anything about Grove manlifts. The low speed is most likely adjustable and may be set too low.
M ekanik , First I need to note that this is a scissor lift. You are correct. It is suppose to move slower in the extended/upward position. Ours use to move faster a few weeks ago, now it barely wants to move at all in the upright position. I do not have service manual. This model only has 1 limit switch and a tilt sensor. Not sure if the limit switch is failing of if there is a bad relay?
It would be nice if I could get my hands on the service manual but I am not paying $150-$200 for it.