Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 International Harvester Curb Weight

torocon ยท 2020-07-02 12:02

Hello, I am a new member. I need to trailer a 1995 4500 series IH short wheel base flat bed. I am trying to find the curb weight.

Replies4
  1. #1torocon2020-07-02 12:05

    the vin is1HTSMABK6SH636947

  2. #2mitch5042020-07-02 18:44

    There is no way other than weighing it to get an exact figure. It would depend on what engine, transmission, rear end, frame rails, and on and on it was ordered with. Then it definitely didn't leave the factory with a sleeper on it, and the flatbed would have been added, too. Just from experience, I would say 12,000 lbs, give or take.

  3. #3NepeanGC2020-07-06 07:48

    Needs to be scaled to know for sure, but Mitch504's number seems about right. My 2005 4300 with a heavy duty 12ft dump body weighs 14,000lbs

  4. #4DMiller2020-07-06 10:09

    Will be close to any 2 1/2 ton truck empty weight, extra body on it not helping you so between 10&14,000 if diesel/Gas and engine size dependent. Default HIGH as that will save your bacon with DOT. Should have been a Builder Tag inside the cab either door frame or dash cowl area.