Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 jcb 214

halfpint ยท 2010-02-28 21:01

Hi all, I just purchased a JCB 214 4X4 TLB at a great price! runs great, no major leaks, new rear tires...but, it has had the cab vandalized Most of the glass was broken out and replaced with plexiglass. The dash and gauges were smashed. Does anyone know who might sell the used plastic dash and guage assembly for this machine? Thanks, Jason

Replies23
  1. #1halfpint2010-02-28 21:18

    here is a pic

  2. #2halfpint2010-03-02 08:18

    Nobody knows a place that might gave some used jcb parts??

  3. #3lee2010-03-03 13:48

    hi the man i go to for jcb parts is digger doctor uk he breaks jcb for spares and does new parts as well he may have the parts you need but i know alot of the machines in his yard broken for spares are fire damaged so those bits he might not have all you can do is ask if you google the name he will come up good luck

  4. #4halfpint2010-03-03 20:02

    Hey Thanks! I will definately give him a try. I have been striking out here in the US. Time to look a little farther.

  5. #5davidd2010-03-03 20:03

    Some plex. will scratch and frost more than others. It might be economical just to replace the plex and get the good kind. It should last several years and then replace again. Probably 10 times cheaper.

  6. #6archibald2010-03-04 10:47

    try a company called warburtons they are a huge breaker of second hand jcb parts they will post the parts to you if they have them . they dont seem to have a website on there advertisement . [email protected]

  7. #7halfpint2010-03-07 18:10

    I will give them a try too. Thanks

  8. #8halfpint2010-03-07 18:23

    anyone know a substitute for jcb special transmission fluid, and jcb special gear oil? I am sure there is something available here locally that will work.

  9. #9archibald2010-03-08 02:55

    try a fluid called dextron

  10. #10halfpint2010-03-08 08:18

    Just plain old ATF huh. that was easy. Hey davidd, i probably will go back with the plexiglass. i got quoted $1300 to put glass back in. i can do it in plastic for about $150.

  11. #11halfpint2010-03-08 08:20

    Is the jcb special gear oil for the rear diff atf too? it has a different spec. the book calls for MC2 86A/B whatever that is. the trans spec is MC2 33G.

  12. #12rankarmature2010-03-16 15:08

    Jcb Used Parts go to Machinery Trader website and down at the bottom there is a link to dismantled machines. click on it and select JCB. They list about 150-200 machines being parted out from 10-15 suppliers. we've had good luck with our 214 getting used parts.

  13. #13halfpint2010-03-16 23:59

    Thanks, I will give it a try!

  14. #14Marvel2010-03-19 00:54

    Jcb The JCB mechanic told me to use the old type F fluid (for fords) but not the mercon or any other> Shell petroleum has a web site called LubeMatch where you can enter your model and get a list of fine substitutes for all fluids on your JCB. Shell also recomends the old type F fluid.

  15. #15John White2010-03-19 20:12

    Is this fire damage common to JCB. I know of al least two 212S that caught fire. Both cases, I think it was the wireing harness where it comes up through the floor on left side, inside cab. Is there a bullitian from JCB on this? I have a JCB 212S and I would hate to see it go up in smoke.

  16. #16Marvel2010-03-20 15:57

    1995 jcb 214 fluids The JCB mechanic told me to use the old type F fluid (for fords) but not the mercon or any other> Shell petroleum has a web site called LubeMatch where you can enter your model and get a list of fine substitutes for all fluids on your JCB. Shell also recomends the old type F fluid. http://www.shell.us/home/content/us...s/lubricants/services/services_lubematch.html Enter your model and you will need your serial number range.

  17. #17panhead92010-03-20 17:17

    Why the double post a day later? And on top of that only post #2?

  18. #18halfpint2010-03-25 09:32

    The more I look at it, it does look like fire damage. The original wire harness is almost non existent. I would definately check yours out!! Its going to take a while to bring this machine back up to original. Thanks for the brakedown on the oil. I will take a look at Shell.

  19. #19John White2010-03-25 18:10

    Better get your check book out if wireing harness is burnt. The one I had to get was $1,300. JCB has no mercy on you when you buy parts. Recently needed a bushing for the end of my dipper stick. $78. If it was a Case, around $20. Can you see where the fire started at? Hopefully your harness is not burnt too bad and you can split it and repair it.

  20. #20halfpint2010-03-25 21:18

    Its gone totally in the cab. I have enough that I can manufacture the rest. I have the schematics so it wont be a problem. Do you happen to know what the valve lash is? It has a Perkins 1004.4T no. AB50440. I have all the manuals except the one for the engine.

  21. #21halfpint2010-03-25 21:21

    Have you tried ontrack machinery for JCB parts? They are pretty reasonable. The link is http://ontrackmachinery.com

  22. #22John White2010-03-26 10:18

    Sorry, dont have any specs.

  23. #23halfpint2010-03-26 12:26

    I found them. Its .008 for the intakes and .018 for the exhausts cold. Thanks anyway.