Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 Michigan Volvo L50 no power to fuses

Ruben P · 2021-11-10 22:30

Hello all, I am helping a neighbor who has a 1995 Michigan Volvo L50 loader. I got the machine running (replaced the ignition switch), I found the gauges were not working either and found relay RE1 defective. Replaced the relay and gauges seem to be working. The problem I’m having is the alternator is not charging the batteries and the machine needs to be jump started. If batteries are fully charged the machine starts up normally. Also have no power to fuses FB 1 through 6, not sure if related and cannot find a wiring diagram. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1JRsEquipment2021-12-01 21:53

    L50 with no suffix? L50B/L50C etc Serial#

  2. #2Ruben P2021-12-02 08:35

    Yes just has L50 with no suffix. Serial # is L-50V60443

  3. #3JRsEquipment2021-12-02 09:19

    OK, I only have a wiring diagram for a L50B so this information has to be taken with caution, however I have found Volvo to keep things constant between close models. Power for fuses 1-6 go first through the Ign switch, If it has multiple wires you may have hooked them up incorrectly, then goes through relays 2 and 3. If you look at the back of the relay they are marked with numbers, if you correspond the socket that #30 and #86 go into, both should have power with the key on.

  4. #4Ruben P2021-12-03 12:28

    Thank you for your help. When I replaced the ignition switch I did it one wire at a time but noticed one tab on the old switch didn’t have anything connected to it. I’ll recheck to see if there are any loose wires under the panel. Also at first I wasn’t getting any power to fuses 1-6 on FA & FB. I replaced relay RE1 and now have power to fuses 1-6 on FA only. Would you be able to send a pic of the wiring diagram you have for the fuse box, ignition switch and charging system? Thank you again.

  5. #5JRsEquipment2021-12-03 16:41

    Ya that pic helps to confirm that the diagram that I have does not coincide with what your panel shows. You can go to tradebit dot com and download the correct manual for that machine for $15. Im sorry I do not have any other direct info for that machine but I can tell you that you are missing a leg of power going to that panel from a relay, power source from a distribution block or the ign switch.

  6. #6Ruben P2021-12-03 17:43

    No problem, thank you again.

  7. #7Se.la2021-12-08 12:52

    this is for L90-L120 , just verifi look at the same of L50

  8. #8Ruben P2021-12-14 09:02

    Thank you, this appears to be similar, would you also have the wiring diagram for what powers fuses FB-1 through 6 and also circuit 61 of the alternator. Thank you again.

  9. #9Se.la2021-12-21 08:19

    diagram 5:10 is for alternator and diagram 2: 6 is for FB fuse

  10. #10Ruben P2021-12-23 08:28

    Thank you for the diagrams, this appears to be very similar, I will check and get back to you in a couple of days as I am waiting for a replacement alternator to arrive. Thanks again

  11. #11Ruben P2022-02-11 22:27

    Thanx for the diagrams they helped a lot. I found those fuses are controlled by the light switches. After replacing the alternator everything seems to be operating well. Thanx again