Radiator mounts broke fan wedged against shroud, overheated engine, fried bearings. Broken digital gauge setup, ie not a functional temp gauge, stupid, I know. Pistons don't look perfect, so well engine is out we are going to do a full rebuild. We don't have a Kamatsu dealer around here, anyone know where to (or the best source mail order) get a rebuild kit for the engine? Thanks very much
What engine is in that machine? Is it a cummins or a Komatsu? IT may be much cheaper to buy a complete engine. These guys sell aftermarket Komatsu engine kits; http://www.kmpbrand.com/uk/kmpusa.html I have used them a few times.
My mechanic says it is a yanmar engine 4cyl, where would be the best source for one of these? My mechanic was thinking like 300 bucks a cylinder max for rebuild kit, is this way off? I always thought diesel engines new were very expensive, I guess there is labor, but he is fairly inexpensive, grinding the crank, going over the head, machining.
Also I forgot to mention the machine is a grey market machine.