Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 8042 sky track leveling issues

Ereed969 ยท 2016-07-29 23:34

I hope I can describe this issue with out confusing people My sky track 8042 forklift is have issues driving. The rear leveling ram blew a fuse and ever since then Forklift gets stuck all the time. i will get stuck just going over the curb and gutter . One tire in front will spin and one tire in back will spin. But they will be almost off the ground. Then when I try to level it out the tires get higher off the ground. It is very frustrating to move lumber around the job site. Sorry if this doesn't make since. TIA

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2016-07-30 03:19

    You have I believe the "Stabil-TRAK" system, the rear axle is supposed to free float except in particular circumstances like lifting a load up high. Since you blew a fuse at some point I am guessing you have a short in the wiring, a bad relay, or a bad solenoid coil. There are two solenoids that need to be energized in free float mode. I found this manual, section ten is what you want and it's kind of complicated even to my eye, but should be relatively straightforward to troubleshoot: https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual... 43244/Service_8990396_02-07_ANSI_English.pdf Start there and we'll see what you find.