Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Case 590SL Backhoe Brake problem

Wrighthoe ยท 2014-06-08 21:39

Hoping for help Just bought my first backhoe it had a bad right side brake line I replaced it and bleed the brake on that side. Went to use it and the right pedal will go to the floor but comes back when you pump it, or when you hit the left brake pedal. There is nothing consistent about them either, may happen more when fluid gets hot not sure. Should I bleed the other side as well? or do I have bigger problems? Thank You in advance for any help!

Replies2
  1. #1splashgtp2014-06-09 05:43

    Did you have the backhoe running when you bled the brakes? If not, I believe you must have it running to supply oil to the brake res when bleeding them. Sounds like you still have air in the system.

  2. #2Wrighthoe2014-06-09 07:15

    At first we did then we found the bleeder and bled it with out it running, I'll do it again while running. Thanks