Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580L Vibration when using Single Hydro Function

CSaley ยท 2014-06-08 21:53

I went to look at a Case 580L Turbo Series II machine today. All check out except when testing the hoe, and when I curled the bucket in, i felt a strong vibration throughout the machine. It was only when curling the backhoe bucket in (lever towards you), there was a noticeable vibration. It was only with this one particular function. I have never experienced this before with only one function, usually it has been with all functions, usually solved by a filter and fluid change. I am not too familiar with these hydraulic systems, and was wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this particular problem and what their solution was. Any input would be greatly appreciated. The machine has 4700 hrs on it, and looks to be maintained well. Thanks. CSaley

Replies1
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-06-10 00:51

    I would bet the rod on the bucket is bent, the tube has been dinged, loose piston in tube, bent, dry pin and bushing on the bucket linkage.