Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 case 9030b excavator with a ultimate 5600 processor head

treecutter ยท 2019-09-18 15:37

I have a problem with the motor stalling when i use any hydraulics. I thought it was the motor needing fuel and replaced the filters and the lift pump and the injectors and injector pump from a motor that was working ok. i cleaned the banjo bolts and it seams the hyd pump is not destroking.I checked the regulators and they look fine.it has a kawasaki hyd pump.I only use the machine to cut a small amount of wood so i would rather not spend over $100 per hour to have it looked at.Any ideas would be greatly appricated.treecutter

Replies3
  1. #1treecutter2019-09-18 16:44

    does the rpm sender located in bell housing send a signal to the proportiopnal pressure reduction valve telling it to destroke pump

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2019-09-22 19:17

    Check your screen in the settlement bowl at fuel tank, also make sure you are using a screen for the inline filter and not a paper filter.

  3. #3treecutter2019-09-24 15:51

    I disconnected the wire going to the prv and it made no differance to how machine works it will stall the motor when i pull any function.it acts like the pumps are in full mode and wont destroke .it hard to figure out if it's the pumps or the motor or the electric that is the problem .i took the rpm sendor out and checked it with a ohm meter and it was ok.