Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Cat 307ssr

Lokel Yokel ยท 2013-08-06 13:43

I am considering a 96 Cat 307ssr. The owner says it has always worked at about 25% output. The Hydraulic pump has been rebuilt which did not remedy the problem. I see from the posts on this website that there are two modes (I and II) and then there is a three setting switch on which one setting shows the machine loading a truck. I assume this is a "work" mode on that switch. While I have not been to actually see this machine yet. I would think that maybe these switches are not sending the proper signal to a servo somewhere which must reposition a "flow control?" valve. What do you guys think? And maybe should I stay away since it is a gray market machine. I've never owned a piece of heavy equipment other than my old ford 9n tractor! I would be looking to use this machine on my property only. Not commercially. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1willie592013-08-06 18:43

    Welcome to HEF Lokel Yokel. :drinkup My experience with the 307SSR, it's not just gray market, it's about as gray as it gets. It varies with territories and dealers, some Cat dealers will support them, others, like my local dealer, won't have anything to do with them, parts or service. Before you purchase it, talk to your Cat dealer as eventually you'll need parts and service, see if they'll support the machine. If they won't, I'd strongly consider moving on.

  2. #2Lokel Yokel2013-08-06 21:20

    Thanks Willie.