Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1996 Komatsu PC60-6 – Left track backwards moves full speed, left track forward very slow

Jon Barker ยท 2023-11-22 11:01

I'm guessing this is probably the swivel joint needs rebuilding, but before I get super dirty underneath for no reason I figured I should run this by you experts. Both sticks full forward: Left track slightly slower than right track and less power, turns slightly to left Both sticks full backward: Normal operation Left stick full forward: Track very slow, sometimes no movement (You can hear hyd fluid moving though) Left stick full backward: Normal operation Right stick full forward: Normal operation Right stick full backward: Normal operation Thanks in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2023-11-22 12:07

    Good day I suggest it may be less troublesome to switch the motors in preference to taking out the central joint, or if you prefer the easy way see attached.I am guessing you machine is devoid of shock valves. H2 Weak crawlers P1.pdf drive.google.com Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Jon Barker2023-11-22 12:27

    Much appreciated - I'll have a read of that document. I was also considering switching the drive lines and seeing if the problem is reversed.

  3. #3uffex2023-11-22 13:24

    Good day That is a good method of isolating the cause of the issue. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4skyking12023-11-22 17:19

    I know it sounds silly but the first thing I do is look for blockages on the pedals. It may look like it's getting full travel but it isn't.

  5. #5junkfixer2023-12-06 22:04

    Not that model but on other excavators I have flipped the lines at the manifold for the drives. If the drive is still slow it's usually the drive. If not, you can proceed with troubleshooting