Thinking of ways to do this without having to get in and out of cab multiple times,reach in over track to get at fittings etc,which I don't really enjoy. Recently I attached my Makita grease gun which has a long long hose,to the turntable zerk on front kind of below cab. With gun in cab,I rotated machine a couple of rotations while giving it shots of grease every 10 or 15 degrees.Seems to me that this should spread grease thru whole bearing without the need to grease the other zerk 180 degrees away. Any thoughts on this?
Just get one of those battery operated grease guns with a clip on end, use a spring loaded clamp on trigger, lay the gun on the deck and let her spin. Nick
I thought it wasn't good to over grease the swing bearing and it only gets greased occasionally unlike the pivot pins on the boom and bucket?
Your right Dave, especially the center joint with the rubber boot. I've heard of the seal on the Rotek bearing becoming dislodged from excess greasing. The most over looked grease point on any excavator is the the gear from swing motor. I can't believe how many owners of excavators don't even know about that little access door with the 2 bolts has to be removed and manually loaded with grease from time to time. Nick
Good points. I wonder ,on the rotate while greasing scenario, if it'd be necessary to grease both zerks on bearing or if doing one while rotating will distribute grease adequately. On the grease in tub thing,yes it gets overlooked. Recently pulled cover on my PC 75 and there was only water,clean water at that,in thereI wonder where the grease can possibly escape?