Arms and bucket tilt have stopped working and getting code # 1 (valve output circuit is open) on BICS panel behind right elbow when seated in cab. Everything else operates properly. This has happened before and usually a shut off and restart "fixed" the problem.I have replaced control valve solenoid,(did not fix it) checked wiring to this solenoid from bottom of BICS (green wire) wire ok, no breaks and not grounded. If you apply 12 volts to this circuit directly you can hear a quiet tap from the solenoid. I replaced the BICS light indicator panel with a new one and still shows same code. Have not gone as far as to think about replacing the BICS computer ( I think that is what it is called and is mounted on back side of cab left side facing engine) Checked wiring and operation of traction lock solenoid and circuit and it is working as it should.Any ideas where I might go next.... Thanks Rudy
1st thing that comes to mind is a bad ground on the bics coil. from the bics coil connector, remove the split loom until you find a cluster of ground wires. (usually 2 or 3, but there may be more) splice in a new ground wire, find a good chassis ground, or run it all the way back to the battery, and see if that solves the problem. the BICS "light indicator" panel you mentioned is the controller for the bics. if you replaced it with a push to operate kit (green button) make sure you unplug the seat sensor as it can and will cause some strange "issues" i'm kinda stumped on the otehr box you mention, unless this unit has a BOSS system. :drinkup
thanks for the reply and will try it tomorrow. Yes the machine has the boss system and that is probably the other unit I described.The push to operate button had been changed and yes they made sure that the seat sensor was deactivated.
Just an update and thanks for the help, had to take it in to the dealer and after a few hours of trouble shooting it was determined to be two loose contacts in the BICS connector where the connector joins. They figured this out by attaching another BICS panel and they came up with now 2 flashing codes and I guess they knew their BICS panel was a good one and would not be the issue. I use " Bobcat of the Tri-cities " in Kitchener Ontario and Thanks to Barry, Trevor and Dave for their good work and fair pricing for the job ,, we all know troubleshooting can be very labour intensive.
what did the dealer specifically do to resolve the loose contacts?