Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 CASE 580 SUPER L – Steering Cylinder Removal

Steve580SL ยท 2022-07-27 07:51

First, I'm just a homeowner who purchased this case 580 Super L for a project to try and save money. I've dumped a decent amount of money into it by paying others to do required work on it. I'm at a point where I would like to try and do some of the work myself by have a few questions which have most likely been already answered in one of these threads. My steering cylinder is leaking and I am struggling to see how to remove it. Does anyone have any input on this. Also, I am considering buying the manual, but I'm afraid that I will end up paying upwards of $250 and get the wrong one. Where is the best place to order these?

Replies4
  1. #1Steve580SL2022-07-27 08:17
  2. #2Tinkerer2022-07-27 08:27

    Welcome to HEF, Steve! I have the manual in the .pdf version you can have for FREE. If you send me your email address in a Private Message, I will send you a link to my Google Drive.

  3. #3Steve580SL2022-07-27 08:58

    Thank you. How do I private message you? Do I start a conversation?

  4. #4Tinkerer2022-07-27 09:48

    You are welcome. Yes. Click on am username and start a conversation.