Hi again everyone I bought the 1997 cat 426C IT I am wondering is there a switch to make the controls john deere style? also if there is? where is it? Thanks alot I appreciate the help.
Some have a pattern control valve, not sure where it is on that model, if it has one. It should be a small square valve with about 8-10 hoses going into it, and it will have a 1/2 inch square block that you turn to which direction you want the flow to go to the joy sticks.
I know on the 420's probably in the 2000 year range it was on the outside left behind the tire there was a lever you had to turn with a wrench . don't know if it was standared in all there machine and years .
Hard to say without a serial number, but I'd guess that your machine doesn't have pilot controls, i.e the levers act dirctly onto the spool valves? If so, you will need to install different lever linkages. Not so hard to do. I've altered a couple the other way from JD to ISO. Just get your Cat parts guy to print off the two different configurations and order the new parts. Might cost a few $$ though. The alternative is to get used to the ISO pattern.....
No there is not a 'pattern changer 'switch' on a mechanical controlled machine.You could swap the hydraulic lines between the boom and stick valves, or you could buy the kit to swap the linkages between the valves.
That is true lol, I didn't notice the model year lol.
I just bought the identical machine and asked this same question here: A picture of the 2 linkages we made is here: http://media1.dashwire.com/media/a9W0SieBer3BS6adbimNyZ/cPuH0IysKr3RO6adbiFTTI.jpg We welded 2 bolts together to make the linkages because that's what we had. It was an easy swap. You need 2 threaded rods 10" long 10mm 15 threads per inch. Remove the large linkage assembly and install the 2 rods to the valves directly below the levers.