Hello. I bought a 1997 GMC C7500 bucket truck that is totally missing the alternator bracket for the 3 cylinder gas Kubota pony motor that can be used to run the hydraulics without running the GM 6.0 gas main engine. There is very little information on the internet and I've seen different brackets for sale but, unfortunately, not having the old bracket it's hard to know what the old bracket looks like. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can find a new alternator bracket for this pony motor? Thanks
Do you have the ability to just fabricate one? Most I have seen are a pretty basic and simple design.
The alternator just bolts to the little ear coming off the timing cover
I suppose it would be asking to much to share the engine model number, and serial number if available?
Get the model # off the engine and go to a Kubota dealer that sells construction equipment. They should be able to pull it up. At least you'll see a pic of it. Kubota tractor dealers don't have access to industrial parts data... Ed