https://www.farmshow.com/a_article....JeZCa11H5gWcSR3Qz70EXxbHZMwkedmLpIsdav1p5XsYk .
As you can imagine it was pretty much a failure and was parted out. Here is where some of it ended up.
Which part was deemed a failure? Maintanence costs too high? Fuel consumption too high (53gph?!) ?
This is not really a stump grinder, but a big forestry mulcher. If it is considered a land clearing machine, then it is not the biggest either. Check out the BIG land clearing monster that was developed by LeTournou.(spelling?)
I not sure of entire story. It was built in New Zealand so I can't imagine that it would much good on hill country and that's where most of the trees are
Bucket Mouth (Australia) TSG1000 stump grinder has 970 hp? (40 more than than the Bay Mulching mega 930) Le Tourneau tree crusher (Wheeler has collected old machinery films that they are uploading from time to time)
The machine in my second post is owned by Tobiah Mulching at Coffs Harbour NSW runs at 1005hp The Létourneau tree crusher is a self-propelled chopper roller, not a mulcher
Yes, quite a different concept. Both are/were used for land clearing though. I just find the comparison interesting. Old technology/thinking vs. new technology/thinking. Jeff
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=416988835698731
Pretty impressive. How many HP does that one in the video have?
1005hp, it the same machine as the pic in my second post. The engine is out of the machine in the first pic
It is impressive. I have never run a mulcher with more than 600HP. So, that big one really grinds quickly, and is surprisingly quiet.