Sure to be an easy question, have the above and plan to replace the fuel filter when it warms up a tad. As I remember there is no primer pump on the motor. Been so long since I replaced the fuel filter I'm coming up blank with how I did it. All my other stuff is easy, this one doesn't have the pump. It uses the spin on filter, and some say to pressurize the fuel tank on the return line with 3 psi or so. Figure there is a tad easy may maybe. Two reasons why I haven't changed the in a long time. Have only put around 10K miles since last time and every time I think about doing it, I don't remember how I did it. Its real cold right now and I'm bored so thought I might find out
Most just fill the filter with fuel before installing it. If you do that, fill the outside holes, not the big easy hole in the middle, that's the clean side. The pressurized tank works too, cut the valve stem with a small circle out of an old inner tube and hose clamp it over the filler, or use a valve stem the vent hose. Two people makes it much easier, just a blow gun and a rag or plastic bag works then. Either way, do it with the engine warmed up, it will start and use less fuel until the air gets through, giving you a better chance of not killing it. Also, rev close to full speed for a minute.
Thanks, guess it was that easy, because I do remember NOT doing the air pressure thing. Will give it a go when it warms up a bit