Hello! We have a 1997 JCB Backhoe(SLP214TCTEO447532) 4 speed Shuttle(on the Column) We had a fire(while parked and off) which burned the wiring looms. We have replaced all looms and selector switch.Tractor starts but neutral safety switch is not working and the machine does not move. I am at a loss and would aprecciate any advice. Thank you in advance
What area of the machine was burned?
pictures of the shifter please
Under the cab(left side) and steering column. Cab loom,main frame loom, and transmission loom was damaged. Replaced all three. Shifter was also melted and replaced. All OEM parts.
We have just found wire107H on the new cab loom was not in its conector! We now have neutral safety switch and forward! no Reverse... I hear relays on all for gears and forward and reverse. Ideas?
Do you have a service manual? I can post the wire numbers and where they go if you don’t have that information. You’ll probably just have to keep tracing wires. That’s one good thing about JCBs. Each individual wire is labeled and the service manual tells you what they are for.
Well,that’s news to me! The dealer here was clueless and any schematic they pulled up did not match. My service manual has no such thing. If you don’t mind, I love to see that please! We did start to get a intermittent bump on reverse, cleaned the reverse relay over and over until she started to work every time. We will see in the morning if it sticks! I’m a little punchy! Dave
Here are the wire numbers and fuse and relay information.
Wiring schematic.
Powershift wiring schematic. Hopefully this information is relevant to your machine and helps. It sounds like you may have found the problem, anyways.
Good morning, I recently acquired a 1997 JCB Backhoe The guy i got it from said it was running fine the day before and the next day he hopped in it, fired it up and it would not move the wheel's are locked up. Looking at the VIN# SLP212ASVE061867 i am assuming it is a JBC-212 Any idea's as to where i should start?