Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 John deer 310sl bucket creeps back

Rey213 · 2023-11-11 15:46

My bucket creeps back and if I accelerate it does it faster. If I slightly move the handle over it stops? How do I adjust the handle? Or is it shot

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-11-11 17:12

    Welcome to HEF Rey213 . I assume you have a 1997 310SE and you are referring to the loader bucket creeping ? I would look at the loader bucket leveling linkage , paying attention to where the bell crank #24 swivels. The bellcrank bearings like to stick/ seize up down there. See screenshot below. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/73186/referrer/navigation/pgId/617552020 . .

  2. #2Rey2132023-11-11 23:01

    I appreciate it, Diesel Dave! The bucket just creeps up and I have to adjust the handle slightly to the right so it stops curling towards the cab. Would I replace it or can I clean it?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2023-11-11 23:18

    Using your favourite spray lubricant, give a good dose to all the swivelling/ rotating parts of the bucket levelling linkage. With the engine off get someone to move the bucket controls in each direction while you spray.