Hi guys new to the group, just bought a 09 590 can we change the 4 stick to joysticks for the backhoe ?
Should be able to - Case Backhoe Hand Swing Control Changeover (Standard Dipper) Less Plastic Cover (Used) -- CS-580M-CCK-SD Upgrade your Case backhoe with this high-quality Hand Swing Control Changeover kit. Fits Standard Dipper Sticks. Shop now for low-hour used parts! www.brokentractor.com
Thanks I saw that last night but I would really like two joysticks like a excavator but all depending on price
Do you mean the electronic joysticks? If so, its not feasible.
You could. But, you could trade or sell your 590 for one with the joysticks and it would most likely be cheaper. That conversion would require a huge amount of parts and labor to do it.
I did it on a 580K I had two 580K tractors close in serial number. The nicer tractor had three lever- foot swing I HATED. It also didn't have extend a hoe or thumb. Seth & I swapped the important components replacing a bunch of pins & bushings in the process. The less nice machine got the plain three lever hoe, new bushings & a paint job. I sold that. I did build a joystick mechanism for a John Deere 410. Wasn't an overwhelming job. I believe the valve is the same, difference is a pair of U joints & levers.
Ok thanks i had a pretty good idea of the answer but wanted to confirm
We swapped everything on the two Cases. The valve bank on the extend a hoe has an extra section. If I recall the valve bank (aftermarket) I put on the John Deere was narrower than original. I built a new one to fit because the original was too wide. The rack to support the levers was simple enough, a piece of heavy angle. A series of squares of 5/16" flat stock were welded to it. Holes drilled in flat squares supported pins where the toggle mechanisms rode. The levers & toggles were original equipment, as were the links to the valve spools. Nothing exotic there that couldn't be had from McMaster/Carr.
WillieB; That was a very clever way to convert your John Deere and the 580K's. Good info for someone with a JD and cannot find parts to repair one. Driller03, the op of this thread didn't say specifically whether he wanted manual joysticks or joysticks with pilot controls. I assumed he wanted the really easy to use ones with pilot controls. Some of the 590's were available to purchase new with the electronic pilot controls and those were the ones I was referring to in my previous post. They have a different configuration for a control valve than one with manual joysticks.