First time excavator owner, 1997 John Deere 200 LC with 8000 hours. Previous owner installed a manual throttle control in the machine. I purchased a replacement stepper motor in hopes of putting it back to original. Stepper motor is installed and wires are connected, but it does not respond to the throttle potentiometer. I read on another post about checking the flashing light on the control module, when the system is energized the the LED lights up solid red for 5 seconds and the flashes once a second. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Welcome to HEF Dieseldogranch ! Machine serial number please. Do you hear anything from the stepper on a key cycle? Has a throttle learning procedure been done? Did you jumper the diagnostic connector to check for codes? Also note, Do NOT disconnect or reconnect the stepper motor wiring while the key is on. It will ruin your controller.
Thanks for the response, I’m a red seal marine mechanic, but this is my first excavator. I did not hear it cycle, and I have no idea to to do the throttle learning procedure. Serial number is XFF0200X0504xx.
Check your messages.
Thank you very much!
I do not hear the stepper motor cycle when I do the learning procedure. I read in the bulletin all codes must be cleared , I assume this requires diagnostic software to clear the codes ?
I cannot recall having to clear codes in order to perform the learning procedure. But don’t bet my memory being correct on that. Check the cable from E C motor to injection pump lever to make sure it is not froze up or binding, disconnected from E C motor the cable should move freely do not check with cable connected to motor.
You do not have to clear the codes to perform the learning procedure.