Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 mustang 2050 pump problems

kosracing ยท 2012-02-19 19:21

i got a mustang 2050 with drive issues have no experience with mustang hoping someone can lend a hand. when you start engine below 1/2 throttle engine will load down and stall. above 1/2 throttle has a mind of its own wants to take off to left, very hard to find neutral postion on the sticks when you do manage it right away starts to move the stick and turn left below 1/2 throttle both sticks just shoot forward engine stalls. with engine off right stick will spring back left has more resistance will no spring back. suspect i have tandum pump issues... wondering if anyone knows if these pumps are rebuildable or throw aways? cheap place to get parts? are mustang the same as gehl or johndeere, were one might find service manuals thanks gary

Replies4
  1. #1five20too2012-02-19 20:23

    I got my service manual for Mustang 2086 off of Ebay. I buy my parts from Golden Eagle Direct ( http://www.goldeneagledirect.com/ ). I have ordered through them before because I have no dealers in my area. I will look through my service manual to see if it says anything about your problems.

  2. #2kosracing2012-02-20 11:40

    ok lookiing on the internet found some info on these machines the drive pump has whats called a neutral centering device one per pump im wondering if this is what centers the sticks???? also if if anyone needs a parts breakdown here it is http://pdf.r-mmotorsparts.com/940(PriortoSN5476803)SkidSteerLoaderPartManual_000-34884_Ren09-08.pdf

  3. #3kosracing2012-03-14 17:00

    ok fixed the problem or should i say problems, mustang has whats called a centreing cylinder 1 for each swash plate arm, well the spring was broken on 1, both had sealing washers put under the nuetral safety detent switches ( does not require washers) this prevented the dentents from holding the arms in a neutral position. Last thing both arms way out of adjustment kept wanting to creep ahead. Lifted the whole machine and adjusted for neutral fixed.............. next

  4. #4five20too2012-03-14 20:22

    Glad to hear you got it fixed. Luckily I haven't had and major issues like that with mine yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Thanks for posting back with your fix.