I have a 1997 Samsung LC210 excavator. When the engine first warms up, the hydraulic pump makes a growling noise while using it. After using it for a few minutes, the noise mostly goes away. Is this a sign the pump is failing, and will it hurt to continue using it? I changed all hydraulic filters and fluid is not low. Would appreciate any replys and anyone with this problem
Check the suction strainer and tank seals and flange seals
Thanks Mike. I'm somewhat new on the locations of your reply. Where is the suction strainer located? Is it near the pump. And also the flange seals? I checked the seal on top of the hydraulic pump.
Probably in the tank. Take the cover off and follow where the pump inlet comes from the tank. It will be at the bottom somehwere. Are all of the Orings still O profile, not [] profile