Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC35-R8 quick hitch problem

z80 ยท 2016-01-05 10:30

Cannot get the quick hitch to function properly. It engages but will not disengage. If I release the bleed valve the piston flows freely and disengages...but hydraulically will not disengage. Anyone got any ideas on where to start looking please? thanks in advance..

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2016-01-05 13:00

    check the hoses

  2. #2z802016-01-07 00:34

    Hoses in good condition and connected firmly... any other ideas please?

  3. #3mikebramel2016-01-07 01:24

    Are you sure they are fine internally

  4. #4z802016-01-07 05:44

    how can they fail internally?? I have always had leaks on hoses which shows fluid on the ground.... is your advice to remove them completely?

  5. #5z802017-06-30 09:01

    It took me a while to find this fault....got lazy just manually changing buckets. BUT...a couple of days ago I found the fault. Turns out when we last removed/replaced one of the hoses we knocked a hydraulic control valve. That was the "fault"......quick hitch piston was only closing...not opening was the symptom. A simple turn and she sprang to life. Hope it saves someone some time... see attached photo...