I'm brand new to the site and did a search for Shuttle Shift on Case 590 and didn't find my answer. Some days I crank the 590 and after warm up it shifts into forward or reverse and does really well. Other days it will not shift into gear until I run high rev's for about 10 additional mins after warm up. I've seen a few videos on Case 580's about how to check fluid level and also how to check the filter/screen. I can't find anything on the 1998 590 Turbo. Does anyone know where I can check level and or replenish Hydraulic fluid for Shuttle Shift? Not sure if this model has dip stick and or screen. Thank you. Jay
Welcome to HEF, kjvmbird ! You need to buy an operator's and service manual. The online parts book is a huge source of information also. That is where I obtained the image below. Go here to see it ----> 590 parts book . #15 and #45 are what you are looking for.
The 580L and 590L share the same service manual.