We were running the machine and shut it down. On restart the boom won't go up. Anyone have any ideas? If it blew a hose it ain't leaking much because I can't find anything. I was thinking it would have to be a pilot line because the main lines we would have heard that explosion. But it's not obvious and I don't see anything leaking underneath the cab. Serial number: 6DR02467
Does it make noise like pump is laboring when you try to boom up?
Not really. No function seems to labor the pump at all it just doesn't seem to have any power anymore
I don't have enough fingers to count the number of cat excavator relief valves that sucked in the tail of the makeup portion's spring. Will the boom down function lift the machine? When lifted, will boom up come back up til machine is grounded again? And, someone else will have to name the valve that allows two pump on boom up. I've had to replace those seals, but, I can't remember if the boom failed to rise when those seals failed. It was on the engine side of the main valve bank.
Boom down barley lifts the machine and then if you boom up it will become level again. After doing more experimenting today the thumb doesn't work at all, the dipper will move only so far, same with the bucket. The tracks seem to work alright
It ended up being my dad hit a switch mounted on the monitor stand that goes to a hammer circuit and the pedal must have been stuck in the on position because we don't even have a hammer for this machine. Flipped the switch and everything returned to normal.