Still fairly new to operating this machine- 1998 D5C with 3600 hrs. Is a groaning noise typical or common to these while turning ?- Hystat seems to function fine and fairly quiet in forward and reverse, but really starts to groan loud when making hard left/right turns. Hyd oil is fresh, level is good- I see some slight bubbling when looking into the Hyd tank. There is some wetness of hyd oil underneath the hystat pumps and hoses, but I can't find an obvious leak. I cleaned/washed off the underside to get rid of previous Hyd oil seepage- let it dry off- and now I see seepage again after running it again for a short time.
bubbles are VERY expensive. What is the charge pressure and the inlet vacuum?
I don't have a shop manual- can you tell me what the values should be for the charge pressure and and inlet vacuum- and where on the machine do I look for those test ports? 1998 D5C Hystat ser# 5HS00484 Thanks for any help.