Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1998 Gehl 4625sx..good? bad?

jay42782 ยท 2012-04-21 22:01

hey guys, i am looking into a 98 gehl 4625sx 1700 hours and maintained well.new tires and tune-up.its a buddy of mines fathers.they want me to make an offer on it.i just want a ball park on what there worth.i know machines vary due to up keep and how they were used.its basically been a weekend machine used lightly to my knowledge.they had a backhoe attachment on it but i think it just comes with a smooth bucket.anything i should know about these machines?are they easy to work on?get parts for etc... any help is much appreciated. thanks in advance!!!

Replies14
  1. #1jay427822012-04-22 13:28

    it is a one owner machine.they bought it new in 98

  2. #2dirtmonkey2012-04-22 14:45

    :BangheadI had one and wish I had it back! Ours was very good , reliable and simple machine ! Made us a lot of money and simple to service. We had Tbar controls and I really liked digging with it because you could tell when you were giving it too much . You could feel the " feed back " in the controls a long with the tone of the motor and dig very productively with out hurting the machine. I still have a 3825 and when I use it I wish I had the power of the 4625

  3. #3dirtmonkey2012-04-22 14:53

    Sorry if I didn't answer your question. Yes reliablie , easy too work on but our dealer net work is not strong yet ours never gave us any trouble. If I remember the motor Is a Kubota which should be easy to get parts for. We never had any thing go wrong that wasn't easy to fix or " redneck " on the job. Much easier to service than our CTLs.

  4. #4jay427822012-04-22 14:54

    hey dirtmonkey! i'm guessing i can pick it up for around 7,500.sound about right to you?

  5. #5dirtmonkey2012-04-22 15:04

    If it were me I would try to get it but I haven't kept up with used prices lately. The condition should match the hours if you know what I mean. I don't want to lead you astray on any thing but I do miss the simplicity of those machines compared to my Ctl 60 & 80. Got pics ??

  6. #6jay427822012-04-22 15:12

    i am going to look at it this week and will post pics.i have not seen it for awhile but if i remember it was in pretty good shape.i will keep you posted.thanks for the info

  7. #7dirtmonkey2012-04-22 15:18

    How was it used? What kind of application ?

  8. #8jay427822012-04-22 15:23

    small side jobs i believe...they both had full time jobs and was mainly used on the weekends around there property.small house addition jobs etc...

  9. #9Bliz2012-04-22 16:30

    I would go to machinerytrader.com and see what they are selling for. Just plug in the make and the model and it will pull up others that are for sale. They also have an auction section that will give you an idea of the wholesale value if any have been autioned recently. Good Luck.

  10. #10Bliz2012-04-22 16:34

    There are 14 of that model listed on Machinerytrader.com. $7,500.00 appears to be a very good deal if you can get it for that.

  11. #11jay427822012-04-22 17:12

    thanks Bliz! i was checking that site out a bit ago

  12. #12jay427822012-04-22 21:35

    sounds like they are sticking with a 9000.00 price tag.i am still gonna look at it this week but i would like to see what else is out there

  13. #13Jeepwalker2012-04-22 21:45

    That's a pretty low hour machine. I'd say $7,500 would be a really good deal, but usually the guys that paid 'new' money for a skid steer for part time work start high because they still think its worth a lot more. If it's got new tires, that would be worth almost a grand right there. Based on what I have been seeing, I was going to say $8,200 - $8,500, and it's spring which is a good time to sell a skid steer. So I don't know if they are that far off. Did you mention if it has an enclosed cab?

  14. #14jay427822012-04-22 21:50

    hey jeepwalker! to my knowledge it did not have an enclosed cab.i was thinking 7500 but after my buddy talking with the old man hes stickin with 9000.just put new floatation tires on it and a complete engine tuneup