We are again in the market for an additional tracked loader. We presently are running 3 JD machines, A 319D, 2 ,333D all of these JD's are 2011 units. We resently bought a T770 Bobcat and now have a need for one additional machine. This one is for me to use on the Farm and on the job site when needed. I would like to own the biggest and baddest machine on the market today. We quarry bluestone in our spare time. These blocks of stone can weight anywhere from 2200 to 3600 pounds. So far what i have looked at is; Tak 250 Case TR380 Cat 299C or D Looking for everyone's thoughts from real users on any of the above or something else i need to look at. Again I need high horse power and hi hydro power.. thanks in advance. Farmer
JCB 320T 3200 ROC @ 35% tipping load 70 Hydraulic HP with High flow 92HP, over 300 lb. ft. of torque Sorry, I - just - couldn't - resist - myself......
The JCB's look like a decent machines. Althought, there is zero dealer network in my neck of the woods. I have a TAK TL250 and a CASE TR320 coming on Monday to demo from a local dealer...I'll report back after I try them both out. I am leaning toward the TAK CTL for all around brute power and pure reliability. They are very dependable machine. Many faithful follows around of Tak here and conditions here are as bad or worse than most places...........thanks and good luck wiht that JCB, It sure looks real nice. You like I assume ? Any issues ? Just wondering.
Why not demo the TV380....it seems that the TR320 will be out-classed against a Tak TL250 or 299 Cat? Just curious.
They didn't have one in stock and had no luck at other local dealers in finding one. They would not be seeing one in their inventory until Mid June timeframe. It was on short my list of machines to Demo and consider...........Any thing else I may be missing ? Just found out that will be bringing a Tak TL240 as well for me to try out. It's nice having equipment guy willing to deliver three machines on the same day to test back to back. It's going to be a fun on Monday. Really need to be working, not playing on machines again. I wasted allot of time these last few months chasing new equipment, but this one would be my personal machine so I can take a few hours to go play. We sure have a deversified fleet of equipment. I like it this way better than all the same equipment, same people, same problems. After so many years of being solely dedicated to one big dealer I now relaize that others dealers are very hungry for my business. The past JD dealer soon reliazed that he had made a huge mistake when he took my business/money granted.
I like Case but think the TK's are the best track machine. The new Case may have a better high flow from what I've heard?
Well, it sounds like you have your bases covered. I guess it just depends on if you are trying to match the power and usefulness of your 333 Deere, or if you are looking for something more along the lines of the 319? Or somewhere in between for that matter! Ultimately, you need to buy what performs to your expectations, is fairly priced (notice I didn't say cheapest ), and has the dealer support to back you up should you need it. I think sometimes too many choices can make things more difficult (I can't even order off a food menu without second guessing if it is really what I want), but at least you are giving multiple machines a fair shake. Just don't expect the lesser-classed machines to hang with the big dogs. I've also noticed from my own demo experience that features can often cloud judgement. Let me explain: I've had to demo a compareable class machine, say a JCB 260T vs. Tak TL240, but with less bells and whistles (i.e., enclosed cab, 2 speed, whatever it may be). This is hard to overcome, because when you're sitting in a nice cushy cab, it is easy to miss out on some of the other shortcomings the machine may have. Or the dust in your mouth might keep you from liking a machine that really is performing well. I've been in situations where my choice was either demo the el-cheap-o machine and hope the guy can look past it, or don't demo at all and lose the deal anyway. Hopefully your dealer(s) that are demoing have the specs you want on hand, for your sake and theirs. Keep that in consideration, stay objective, and you should be well on your way to owning yet another CTL! Good luck.
Why don't you look at the Bobcat T870 bigger than the T770.
Sound advise JCB...........Too Curbside, I already have a 2012 T770 BOBCAT and a 2012 BOBCAT E50 Excavator, we want to be as deversified as possible from here forward. I am trying to match the 333D in Hydro power and ROC spec's...I know the cushy cab and I most certainly know how to eat dustand dirt all day work so I understand what you are saying JCB. I am leaning towards the TAK TL 250 just for the pure no nonsense, utilitarian, strong reliability and pure power to get it done when the other can't type of machine. But I am open to minded. There are plenty of happy Tak pilot around these parts and the reliability is unmatched from what they tell me. We shall see who wins our business.
What are you running your looking for the most hydro HP? some machines have better cooling packages and are better suited to some tasks , track frames and how wide the tracks are play a roll in what machine suits your needs most. The TAK is a bull of a machine for sure.
Mulcher, big Wood chipper, tiller etc....Heavy lifting, up too 3500 lbs. Would like to get up to 5500 lbs....up to the deck of a flatbed. Heavy dirt pushing......All power !!!
watch the bobcat advantage videos. The Bobcat is the best at everything, in every way shape or form.
I demoed a 329 Deere and a 240 Tak the Tak won as much power, narrower, piolot controls vs elect, hyd atach bucket vs elec, piolot controls vs elec the only negitive it had was not as much of a cadilac as the Deere. I also like the overhead door as it is much better then being closed up all of the time or taking the door off. Plus the Tak was $12,000 cheaper. I would wave loved to try a 250 but they could not get one when I wanted it and the 240 did all I needed even load Tri axles Tak is a great machine as much as as I would like to buy american a Tak $ for $ and reliability kills the rest in my experiance not to say the others are no good but just not for me.
The biggest attachment I own/run is a Fecon Mulcher, BH85SD loaded .The 333D runs it OK, but slow recover is an issue with my 333D.I do not want to run Aux. Hydro with added cooling Pak. I need to run directly from the CTL Hi-Flow........I am hoping the TL250 runs it better than the 333D.The big Chipper requires just as much hydro power where quick recovery is paramount. Standing around waitng for a chipper/mulcher to spool back up after every 5 inch branch or decent size tree wastes a ton of time in our daily operations. Maybe I am already there with the 333D Deere but I am hoping for a machine with a lot more brute force. The Takeuchi TL250 seems to have the best shoot at earning my business, however the new CAT 299D is going to be a strong contender according to the man from CAT. Monday I will pick my new CTL......We are all set to Demo back to back the following machines....I am after RAW , brute working power on this particular buy. Just for the record the my 319D is probably the best skidsteer i have ever owned for all around general skid steer, small enough to fit most places, easy to haul and allot of power for such a little machine , the only problem I seem to have is getting the keys back from my wife. She absolotely can't seem to say enough good things about having that little Deere around the farm. CAT 299D Case TR320 Tak TL 240 Tak TL 250 Report to follow...............thanks for all of the replies thus far....... Farmer
That should be an interesting comparision. The new CAT has a lot of HP so its hyd hp should be way up there. As far as engine torque the CASE still out specs the D series CAT from the numbers I saw and I know out specs the TK machines by a substantial margin. My 320 which has the same power as the 380 could not use any more hp efficiently without more weight (I dont have any additional counterweight on it). I have been doing a lot mulching lately but have not been able to run my mulcher on the 320 do to not having the Lexan door yet, to bad because I really think that the mulcher would the true test of a machines strengths and weaknesses. I have been using the 320 on the HF rotary mower. Interesting to see how your comparison works out.
i assume you are going to chip whatever you get?
Correct. The new CTL will be dedicated to the farm, and clearing/mulching/chipping for more quarry space is paramount on its list of tasks.
Just wondering is anyone out there has any experience wiht the Terex Pt100G...Big HP numbers wiht intellegent hydro's...They look like a great machine. Absoletely zero of them around here. Never even saw one in person.........just curoius...............looks like it puts out some of the top rated spec's on hp and hydro.
Bobcat all the way.
ah y dont u put tracks on a gehl 7810? what do they have like 115 hp and 3700 lb ROC?
Excavators come in many different sizes, from mini-excavators able to operate weight between 0.7 and 8 tones, to colossal earth moving machines like the Bucyrus RH400 which the largest excavator available, weighing over 2,160,510 pounds with a bucket of 52 cubic meters.
No kidding !! What does any of this have to do with a big tracked loader ?
There are plenty of them out there in the market. I aware of a large vegetation management up here in WI that has over 20 of them, and I've seen them painted Asplundh orange as well. As far as hydraulics (45gpm@3800psi), engine hp (100hp) and engine torque (310lb ft) they are unmatched. Narrow machine under 6", I think they have 14" of ground clearance, 10mph, blah, blah blah. Hydraulic reversing fan is standard as well.
the PT-100 is a machine that terex has put there brand name on after they purchased the ASV company. the track system is the smoothest rideing system on the market BUT it comes at a high cost at replacement time. Cat used the same system for years and after say 8+ years of this style construction they started to design there own track frames and drives. This is not the type drive system you want to be useing in rocks or demo work , but it is good for sand or loose loam.
So what did you end up with PA?
It is true that CAT does build a steel roller CTL now as well. However, they still sell the MTLs by the thousands. One of the primary problems that the CAT machines had was that they were too heavy for ASV's undercarriage, and example would be the 257. It weighs in at almost 8,000lbs compared to ASVs (now Terex) PT-60 that only weighs about 6,300lbs. Big difference on the same undercarriage. The weight distribution of the CAT machines is also a big problem. They are built to be skid steers and not CTLs. That is why they have no ground clearance, are much wider than the ASV machines and have most of their weight on the rear of the machine. I think that the ASVs hold up just fine in general construction applications and the rumors you hear are primarily driven by the CAT machines and the outrageous repair bills that the CAT dealers were sticking their customers with. You can buy an entire undercarriage kit for a PT50/60 for right at $6,500 retail. This kit includes a set of tracks, two fully assemble sprockets and all the bogies, idlers and hardware. Not sure about the PT100 cost. I have owned a RC50 for several years and sold against them as a Bobcat salesman, and I can tell you that there is no reason that I can think of where a machine needs all of the components replaced at the same time, and I would recommend them to anyone who planned on using one on a farm without hesitation. I do know that while some of the other CTLs have one or two "best in class" features, nobody that builds a CTL today can touch the PT100 as a complete package for hydraulic performance, ground clearance, narrow width, ground speed, pressurized cabs, reversing fans, hinged belly pans for easy cleanout, forestry protection, lift, etc. They have been making dedicated CTL machines for over 25 years and they're still doing it so they must be doing something right.
He pafarmer, The tak tl250 is going to be your number one choice for moving dirt and doing grading work. It is a tank as far as bucket break out force and traction force (pushing) goes. I fill that it would lift the 3500 pounds no problem but when compared to the big bobcat, cat ect... it would be lacking some on lifting capacity and hydraulic power. Bobcat 870 would be best lifting machine, Terex pt100g for hydraulic flow for mulching, and Tak tl250 for grading and moving dirt. I would say the best all around (hydraulic flow, lifting capacity, and pushing power) machine would be the bobcat 870. My next machine will defiantly be a tak tl250 for reliability, but then again I primarily do grading work. Good luck and I hope you love your new machine no matter what you buy! Good luck.
I will decide today and report. Ithas come down to the TL250 and the CAT299D....Leaning toward the CAT. I am going to post a few pictures of our fun day in the snow and rain. All of the machines performed extremely well. The Takeuchi wins in the "Pushing Dept". The CASE machine was very nice as well. Well appointted and Engr. unit for sure. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the machines I tested/demo'ed. The new CAT is a complete animal and posts up some good numbers. I ran it well over those posted specifications and I could not overpower the hydro's on it. Its really nice and I am sure I was running it well over the published spec's and it wasn't even close to failing. Decel pedel, was cool along with a bunch of other first time features. More to come. Need to get moving here.
I have selected the 2012 CAT 299D XHP. The machine is a animal. Loads of very nice features not found anywhere else such as Decel when set to full throttle, ILEV system, dual direction self leveling and tool retur to dig or positioner. Very Smooth ride. Smooth throttle response. Fly by wire feel. Hydro Power to spare on any attachement I ran, Fecon, Big Chipper etc. Fit , finish is fantastic, Super quite in the cab, very little hydro drone. The machine looks longer than a 299C.. Has Great Spec's ; ROC @ 50% = 4550lbs, Tippoing load =9100lbs. NET HP 106 !!! I ran the machine well over both of those limits and I never found the stopping point..It's a really nice CTL....All of the machine had strong and weak points. The Takeuchi TL250 was a very close second for my applications, A pure breed , no nonsense , get it pushed now machine. The CASE machine were also very nice units. The TR320 and the TR380 are fantastic in my opinion and underrated, no one should overlook the CASE machines. The new CAT 299D is a full dress unit, everything included with the only exception being custom paint. I will custom scratch the crap out of it inside of a weeks time .Thanks for all your inputs and I will get a few pictures up soon. The good news is that you really can't go wrong with most any of the new CTL on the market today. They are all very capable, well thought out peices of equipment. The finally application plays the most important role, than who the manufacturere is in my humble opinion. Farmer
Ballpark price otd?
Too difficult to honestly answer. Multiple transactions on multiple peices of equipment cloud the true figures. The best answer I can honestly give is expect to pay about 10% more than a 299C model and about 10% more than a John Deere. I ordered a hand full of different attachments to go with our new machine so that adds to the fog in terms of true dollar amounts and what one would pay if they walked on the street with cash in hand. Also, I have done business for years with these folks and my father before me. I am positive that only a few folks get the same price as we do. Trying to figure out how to load pictures from a cell phone over to my computer to post a few shots of the new CAT... Any advise gladly accepted. :usa
Well done Pa. Sounds like you went in with an open mind and found the machine that worked best for you. 106 horse is a heck of a lot ponies in a CTL.
Thanks KSSS, I did indeed give all of the machines a fair and honest comparison. I really liked the CASE machines, both the 320 and 380, they would make a great all around CTL in my opinion and if I could only own one , the CASE would be it. The Takeuchi TL250 was an animal too. If I was just pushing dirt around all day the Takeuchi would have won my business. The CASE was a great all around machine that held tractions on steep terrian best, The CAT had the big HP numbers i was looking for in the end. It ran all of my attachments with power to spare. I am talking to the CASE dealer again on Monday to see what kind of deal we could work if I traded my 333D's for both the CASE 320 and the 380.....I can't say enough good things about the CASE CTL line of products. I was really impressed by them in all aspects. Very well built, thought out units. The heated seat is an awesome option and the ride control along with the ability to teach it your operating habits/needs is something I wouldn't mind paying for....Anyone in the market for a new machine absolutely needs to strongly consider the CASE machines. They have a really nice new backhoe on the market too that I am looking at for the business.
Man, PA, I need more customers like you in my area!! Glad to see business is good enough to warrant the purchase of new equipment....great to see after the last few years we've had! At any rate, congrats on your new purchase!
Thanks JCB. We have been very futunate to have an abundance of work. Mostly due to the Gas industry in my area. I thank God each and every day for it...... Farmer
PA, you can not go wrong with a CAT. If you look at things like overall cost of ownership, resale value, and dealer support you can't afford not to buy CAT. CAT also typically under rates the lifting capacity of their machines. As far as horse power goes on a machine there is about 30 different SAE formulas you can use to measure hydraulic horsepower. I saw another post that said watch the Bobcat Advantage videos please do. Its one of the most clever marketing adds I have seen. Any operator that knows machines will be able to see they are not apples to apples especially on the mini excavators. All the competitors have long sticks and large buckets. Very clever. Enjoy your 299D.
Your kidding right? You must have missed the MTL debacle. By far the highest ownership costs and the worst resale values of any tracked machine sold in NA. Dealer support in the sense that there is a lot of them yes, support in the sense they back the product, that is hit and miss. One example is the countless CAT skid steers that have shelled their engines prematurely. CAT, like all heavy equipment OEMs makes some great products and some not so great. I do know that stamping CAT on the back does not ensure greatness across their entire line up. If thinking so makes you sleep better, good for you, but its not reality. I thought there was just one formula to figure hyd. hp? I am no engineer so maybe I have fallen behind.
I have had a photobucket account for several years, and it is easy to post to this and other forums from. Photos are resized automatically for forum use, and i h=just found an app that uploads my cell pictures to my photobucket account automatically. I let them go to a private folder, then move the ones I want to different folders that are public and post from there. Really easy for me now.
KSSS, I didn't mean to upset you. I was just trying to congratulate PA on the purchase of his new machine and point some positives I have had with my CAT machines as far as trade numbers and auction results. Sounds like you had a bad experience with a MTL. That was my first post on Heavy Equipment Forums. Thanks for such a positive response. Who mentioned anything about a MTL? PA bought a CTL. I also checked Ritchie Bros auction results. Your comment about worst resale values is factually incorrect. Comparing similar competitive machines in year and hours shows CAT brings 20% to 25% more at auction in Florida followed by Bobcat and John Deere. I sleep great at night but not because a machine says CAT on the back of it.
Your new I and I chose not to get into fight over this. However, check Iron Planet (which sells world wide not just in Fl) on CAT resale especially MTL's. Run the numbers and you see will operating costs in excess of 35 an hour. I know he bought a CTL. Your point was CAT has better resale, lower operating costs ect not just the CTL. That is simply not true. I have no issue with CAT, in fact it was the only other brand I considered when I recently purchased a new machine, however blanket statements like yours are seldom true across the board. That is my point. Welcome to HEF. I am really not a ****.
Come on guys. You both make your points clear.....End of story. Besides this is all about me and my new machine........Right ?? Please don't spoil it over a difference in views... For the record, KSSS have a clear view of whats, what regarding these matters..JohnD seems conmitted and very knowledgeable on equipment as well. Fact is, I owned a CAT MTL that was the biggest nightmare I ever had on any machine in 35 years of working with them and I vowed never to get a CAT again so, My point here is all of the manufacturers have good and bad and thats just a fact. None of them has a perfect record and thats about all that needs to be said on the matter. We need to agree to disagree and move on. This is really not worth losing valuable information from both of you knowlegdeable gentlemen over. Now please shake hand and be friends. Thanks, Farmer
That's a hell of a good idea, so the accel pedal becomes a decel pedal like a dozer? I gotta hand it to Cat, I loved the 277C I ran, other than the front door (and especially the front door weatherstripping) that drove me nuts, and the quick attach that got all jammed up with mud badly. I'm a hardcore Bobcat guy for life, but I firmly believe that its thanks to CAT that skid steers and CTLs are in the evolved state we see today.
When you have the throttle set to full the accelerator pedel turns into a decel pedel just like my dozer. I really like it becasue I am used to using it on the dozer. Great feature. The bucket levels on the way up and and the way down. Also has a tool return to dig/postion feature, very handy and speeds things up allot. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I am still figuring out on it. I love the new CAT machine its a real power house....
Personally I don't think I would need the return to dig or auto level on a CTL very much. On a wheel loader those things are invaluable but on a CTL its so easy to just go by eye ive never wanted any of that stuff I'm one of those guys that runs bobcat style H pattern stick and foot controls as first choice though
You should make THAT your signature!!!
LOL! I just did with a some slight mods but I think the point is still there. I apologize for the side show.
My 953 threw a rod last week and considering replaing it with the Cat 299D XHP, I know it will not near the push power or the cubic yard capacity of the 953 to carry material. I have ran TK TL 250's and they are impressive when it comes to grading... I wonder does the new cat 299D XHP come close??? I know the 299c did not... Thanks
You should at least try a bobcat T870. 99 hp, 3600 lib lift, 12 ft lift height. We demoed a S850, the wheeled version to a large asphalt company to replace their gehl 7810's. Operators loved the machine over case, deere and cat. The big cat came in close, but could only run a plainner 15 min before overheatering. The bobcat could run it all day long. I'm saying it it the biggest, baddest track machine out there, but it is a beast.
2100RT Mustang - Designed and Built in America as a crawler from the ground up! Not an undercarriage bolted on in place of the axles like every other US manufacturer does.
Mustang 2100RT Is pretty much a takeuchi Tl250C with a few different hydraulic pumps.
No way Jose, I'm sorry but you have probably never been wronger in your entire life. This machine was designed starting 5 years ago by Mustang/Gehl engineers in Wisconsin, Built in South Dakota in a non-union shop, and has not one single Takeuchi component. It was field tested for 3 years, and was introduced to the Market about 1 1/2 years ago. We have two in our custody and they are 100% USA built (With the Yanmar Diesel engine) Been using it (Yanmar) 40 years and haven't seen problem 1 with these engines YET!!!
I encourage you to check it out, I am absolutely positive you will be very greatly impressed with what we can make here in the USA!!!!
Apetad, I do stand corrected, and I am in no way or forum against USA built equipment!!!. I belive that the model that I was refering to was the mtl325. I can see that the Mustang 2100RT is a completly different machine. The undercarriage and overall size is alot different than the tak tl250. Ive never ran one of those and I will have to keep my eye on look out to try one out and see how much power she has!..... Oh and by the way welcome to the forum!
I think you missed ASV (Terex). They were designing rubber tracked machines from the ground up long before Mustang/Gehl ever thought of it...about 27 years before. And all CTLs currently sold in the USA are made in the USA with the exception of the Takeuchi, Kubota and IHI.
You are right, But Case/Deere/Cat/Bobcat/New Holland/ all are designed as skid steer with axles & tires, just assembled differently and undercarriage added on. That was my point.
I purchased a 2011 Bobcat T-870 and forestry kit brand new. I loved the machine at first and at 40 hours it blew a track drive motor seal. The dealer did not have any machines set up that I could use to continue the job I was on so I lost the work to someone else. This same exact thing happened on the other drive motor at less than 100 hours. Another job lost. I'm not exactly sure what was failing in these drive motors but it happened 3 more times costing me several good paying jobs. I ended up having to let the machine go back because I could not make the payments with the machine spending so much time in the shop. I contacted the company but no help came fro that.
Funny we did exactly the same thing. Our asphalt company demo'd the 850 and bought one and started selling our 7810's and 2109's. We have a few months under our belt with the 850 now and it's a beast, the high flow is great with the mill attachment and the lift height is excellent. Very happy with the purchase and would recommend them to anyone.
Just curious to why you would get rid of the 333's?
Who said I got rid of it ? I still own it and operate it daily........great machine the 333D are...........
How are you likin the new CAT?
Love the CAT. It is powerful with a Capital P.............It's an animal and works real well for what we do with it.............
Pafarmer- in the ranching/farming world to the construction world how the 333D works for you, been thinking bout getting a 333D. What made you buy a cat?
The 333D is a great machine around the farm and in many construction applications. Powerful, comfortable and highly capable of most tasks. Love the Deere machines. We also run a 319D daily which is a very agile and useful CTL. The CAT 299D is used strickly on land clearing applications. It is an absolote brute in the woods for clearing/mulching. Very powerful, quick recover time, when there is one etc. I can guarentee you would not be dissappointed in the 333D in any way. Get all the bells and whistles. They are worth it. :usa
Thank you pafarmer. I'm guessing they burn 2-3 gallons an hour
Are you still impressed with that Cat??
since you already own 4 ctls have you thought about buying a full size track loader? if your running on stone and at your farm do you really need another ctl? maybe a bigger machine could help with different tasks? just a thought
Try a Telehandler. More lift capacity, larger, various attachments interchange, larges wheelbase, and extension of boom coul all worl better for you if you are in the pit???
did you try gehl ? we have a local dealer here beside us in irleand , they have a 7840 model good power .. check link www.gtglobalsales.com
are you joking? A Telehandler in a quarry? Hope they have a good mechanic who loves babysitting that thing. They are not built strong enough for constant excavating type tasks.
I would go with the largest BOBCAT myself, I lift and unload a swim hottub 18ft wide 5ft high and 8 ft deep 3500lbs and do it with a 2007 T300 with forks, I don't move fast but can do it, I also drop in 500 gallon sep tanks in the ground and are 5000 lbs...good luck
The Mustang 2100RT has 12,500 pounds of drawbar pull, Haven't seen that spec listed for other manufacturers but that is what "Push power" actually boils down to, "Drawbar Pull"
http://www.mustangmfg.com/MakeTracks/Walkaround.aspx
It's highly likely that this value is calculated and not actual.
Anybody who is in the market owes it to themselves to check out the Cat 299D XHP. In the comparison that I did, it absolutely blew the big Tak's and Bobcats away.
I bought a new 333d in 2010 specifically for running the Fecon bullhog. It now has 1800 hours on it. The following is the list of machine warranties. Leaky final Temp sensor failed Leaky rear window Quick attach motor failure Quick attach assy replaced for new design Hydro cooler replaced after splitting Boom pins failed x3 Boom replaced Starter Diode replaced Both finals just replaced. (Deere participated 75%) my cost$3k Additionally the engine panels fall off the machine in rough terrain The door latch is in need of constant adjustment as well as the engine comp door I buy quick couplers every hundred hours because the distort and leak when running high flow
Hmm I might have to cross the 333D off my list. This is my first post so here goes. I'm considering a Bobcat T770 & Cat 299D xps as well. The application is for general earthmoving and mulching probably with a Bradco unit. The Bradco is rebadged to "Digga" here in Australia. The Deere offers a 12 month machine warranty & 4 year 4000hr drive train, Bobcat 2 year 2000hr, Cat 1 year. The Cat is 25-30K dearer than the other two as well!!!! I can buy a demo cat from an importer with around 190 hrs and no warranty for around the same price as the Deere & Bobcat. The dealers here don't seem to be bringing the 299D xhp in but I can also get one from the importer for around another 10K once again with no warranty. Any thoughts guys?
Here are a bunch of Cat, Bobcat, Komatsu, JD and New Holland skid steers for sale at public auction: http://www.jjkane.com/used-skid-steers-for-sale You can bid online or in person
I have a pair of 333D's and wouldn't buy another one. There's not enough changes with the 333E to make me want one of those either, the cab still sucks. the cabs are great when you get them, but after less than 300 hours in the brush there's a constant rain of wood chips or dust or dirt in the cab. The overhead window is worse than useless, it's plexiglass and gets scratched, fast. Door seals suck. Door striker needs constant maintenance and adjustment. I have to clean my radiators every four hours MAX in the brush or dust, and that's even with the reversing fan. The EH controls might as well be like steering a race car with a blunt pole. You have to start and move arms to get your daily checks and greasing done. The side panels fall off. side panels are hard to get on correctly. side panels fit poorly causing the top hatch to not engage the latch. Faulty Hyd temp sensor (warranty) At 11 hrs I had a fan drive failure, cause: big aluminum chunks in the hyd oil jamming the solenoid valves. JD's fix: flush the system a couple times and see if it happens again. (warranty) Replaced the quick attach plate, both machines. Replaced lower quick attach plate pins once on my dime, BEFORE the Quick attach plate recall, and again during on JD's dime. Back window leaks. Side windows seals are useless and come out. (all four between both machines are gone.) Oh, and the EH controls for my attachments are wired the same. The Aux circuits are different electrically at the plug. My serial numbers on the machines are 9 apart and they were ordered the same day, why the hell are they wired different? I'll never buy another JD skid steer or track loader. I'm just trying to make some more money with these until I pay them down a bit more and they are going down the road for a pair of Bobcat T870's. I own and operate a ranch in South Central Kansas. We use the machines to cut trees, pile trees, move dirt and rock, make roads, etc etc.
Isn't ASV (Terex) relatively strong down in Australia? Have you looked at a PT100G or PT110? I know a couple guys running 299Ds with good results. Good luck
Yeah there is a few ASV's here & a lot of Bobcat's & Cat's. I'm not too keen on the track gear on the Terex for what I want to do in our terrain. There's a guy close by that has one for mulching and he's trading it on a Bobcat, he says the track gear is high maintenance. The Bobcat T 770 seems to be looking the goods at the moment with the Bradco mulcher because they will set it up with a hitch so I can use it with my 20 ton excavator. I might need to come over and see how you guys operate, it'd be a good excuse for a holiday haha.
You've done it, I reckon i'm turned off a JD. I did notice the side panels and thought the design was a bit ordinary. I thought about the T870 but I need a machine that is versatile enough to do mulching and earth moving with smaller jobs with tighter access as well so I thought the T770 would fit the bill better. Thanks for your input
Thanks Daniel
For a general dirt guy, a JD be a problem, but they just suck in the brush. If Bobcats are well supported and the narrower 770 fits you better, get that. Aren't 770's an odd width? like 78 inches? most tools are either 72 or 84, or made to work with those sizes. That would be part of my decision matrix as well.
Thanks mate, there is too much choice it's doing my head in so I think i'll sleep on it it's 3am here i'm getting up at 7. Thanks for your thoughts