Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1998 international 4700

Carl Works ยท 2022-12-14 11:04

No headlights--all marker lights and turn signals work. Checked F26 circuit breaker which is supposed to be for headlights and is ok. Is this the wrong fuse/circuit breaker? How do I get behind dash panel to check switch? Does someone have wiring diagram for headlights? I saw wiring diagrams posted for engine. Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Coaldust2022-12-14 13:09

    Maybe both headlights are burnt out? I have seen guys spend hours diagnosing bad bulbs. You can download ISIS for free, nowadays, for legacy International trucks, from their website. BTW, welcome to the HEF.! Does your International have chicken lights & chrome? If I had a International, I would save my allowance money and purchase those chrome neked lady mudflap weights. Not the Thiccc lady ones, the regular size lady ones.

  2. #2Carl Works2023-01-03 16:31

    The problem was the light switch. I discovered the switch was the push in the dash type, pried it out, checked with an ohm meter, replaced switch, now all lights work