So I bought this truck in May of 2022 and have had little to no issues with it. I keep it well maintained and get it in for a service every 250 truck hours. During my first and second winter with the truck on a few occasions I encountered a fuel blockage problem. Essentially, I would start the truck and let it idle to warm up. After a few minutes the motor would start to starve for fuel and stall out. I am not very mechanically inclined, but I eventually discovered that the fuel filter was being drained, or rather something was blocking fuel from getting to the fuel filter. I would fill up the fuel filter, re-start the truck and it would run fine for a week or two and then I would encounter the problem again. It was very intermittent and 95% of the time it only did this during a cold start. But there was once or twice where it also did it while driving down the highway. Fast forward to this past week. No less then 8 times I had to re-prime the fuel filter in a 5 hour window. It was extremely frustrating. I made sure to use fuel conditioner this past week because we got hit with an early blast of winter hitting lows of -28 degrees Celsius (or -17 F). The fuel filter is new, as I just had a service done 2 weeks ago. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and can advise me on what I should or could do to eliminate this issue? Thank you in advance for your time
Suction line issue ? Try running a different hose in through the fuel cap opening to troubleshoot.
Can you post the last eight of the VIN?
WH553016
Single tank or dual? Have you checked the gravel catcher by the firewall? Have you removed and inspected the standpipe for lodged debris? Is this pump, line and nozzle or HEUI?
There is a fuel strainer located just to the rear of the fuel filter. Its usually neglected. The hand priming pump can also let air in. I strongly suspect you have a fuel flow restriction as a previous poster suggested.