Kind of a shot in the dark but maybe someone here has an idea. 1998 4900 with a DT466E engine. Earlier style ECM mounted to the top center of the firewall. I have had very intermittent no start issues with KAM corruption fault codes. Have not been able to reproduce a cure. Every time it has happened I have checked fuses and connections, not find anything, and then it will just eventually restart and be fine for weeks. Last week I cleaned all the grounds and battery connections. I also swapped the relays for the ECM and IDM. Haven't had the no start issue since, but yesterday one of the fuses on the battery box blew and it died on the road. This has happened twice now, but last time it happened was almost a year ago. Not sure if they are related. I have not yet determined if the fuse that blew id the ECM or IDM fuse. Started double checking all the harnesses last night for anything suspicious, but have not found anything yet. I am suspecting the no start/KAM corrupt faults to be a bad power or ground connection -but sounds like occasionally this is a bad ECM. I do not have a spare ECM around to try swapping. Does anyone have any ideas I could try? Does anyone have the electrical manual that encompasses this style ECM? I have an electrical manual I think someone here sent me, but it seems to only cover other engines in the IH chassis.
No replies yet.