Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1998 Mitsubishi mxr35 carriage swings downhill by its self

Charlie503 ยท 2022-10-21 17:21

When operating on a slope, the carriage/cab swings on its own downhill. The offset arm also doesn't want to stay put, it swings to the left and stays there.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2022-10-22 13:32

    Good day & Welcome to HEF May I suggest we clarify cab swing = creeps in both directions? Offset creeps only to the left only. It may be good to treat each issue separately. In that way, we may reduce any confusion. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Charlie5032022-10-23 20:46

    The cab creeps only to the right, I had to go check. I agree one issue at a time.

  3. #3uffex2022-10-24 06:23

    Good day Charlie You have a couple of valves in the swing motor head, 1/ a relief valve & 2/ a check valve, either can cause such an issue. I suggest begin with the easiest - remove any risk of residual pressure as much as possible - switch the valves (There are one for each direction) and check if the problem moves to the opposite direction. If it remains the same, the issue is most probably the check valve this will require some additional dismantling to check out, often the valve seat forms part of the motor body. If you would like to post a good photo of the motor, I will try to help some more. Kind regards Uffex