Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1998 Terex th528 Parking brake stuck on

jason.greene ยท 2024-05-28 12:17

Hi there! I have a Terex 1998 Th528 that the parking brake is stuck on. There is a pressure switch that comes off the handle and has 2 wires on it. After searching it is a normally closed pressure switch, I haven't found the psi. Is it possible to test these? is that switch just for the light or does it activate a valve, switch, solenoid??? that would allow pressure to release the brakes? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1tractormech2024-06-10 22:41

    My parts book says its just a pressure switch to turn the brake light on the dash off and on. This book is sketchy though. Does it feel like the transmission is going into gear or not?. Also check those screw in fuses on the dash. I'm working on one now- I'll try to get a better look at it.