Hi, I have this old forklift and I need some parts for it. However, everywhere I call needs a serial number which I do not have. The plate is long long gone and I can absolutely not find the serial number for this thing. I have gone nuts with a wire wheel checking every single place I've googled. I've asked AI. I've asked the parts companies. I can not find this. I'm hoping someone here has some idea. I have attached some photos. Thanks in advance.
What parts are you looking for?
Any ideas?
In your second pic, in it's upper right hand corner, the 777 visible. This is part of your SN#. Scrub an inch lower, and extend left and right ends. You have a Clark C20,30,40, or 50; depending on it's cwt, making 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K capacity. You should find something like: Cxx- xxx-xxxx, and with your 777 somewhere in it. The C number, for make/capacity. The next is the progression number in a build, and the last the build number. Eg. As C30 777 1830, would be a 3000 lb capacity truck; built as the 777th one, during production run/build 1830... This is how CLARK kept up with it like a VIN does now... There may be something past the build number, as a date like 7/64 or similar. Some had it, some did not. When you find this, please post a clear/complete pic of it and I will advise you of how to get more cokplete info on it.
Hi, Thank you so much for the reply. The number in that location is 84777. I did not see any other numbers within 6 inches of it.
OK. E mail that pic of the areas, and this simple request for help. To: [email protected] You have this truck; you need info to source parts, and this is all you have. Is it possible for them to search their data base with that (and it is a C model-Single brake pedal) to provide me with a "line card"on it. They have been most helpful to me in the past, and I am sure will try to help you. Roger Johnson Tupelo, MS ((Include a copy of the above bold text in you email))
Roger, Will do. Thank you.
Contacted them. They couldn't do anything with that number. They gave me some locations to search all of which have no stampings. Back to square 1.
Ugh... Any possibilities of back tracking from where you bought it to its prior owners. Clark should be able to find by receiving buye r and that partial SN.
Here are some valid SN# from records in my shop. 1979 to 1992. All these were seen, operated and worked on. I just pulled up the C model we had to form a hypothesis. Remember, some where in the world, there is a truck numbered C20B-01 thru 367-509 for the SN listed as C20B-367-509. and 01 thru 318 for the C30B-318-463. The C20's (2000 lb) had Continental Y112 engines. The C30's, 40's, and 50's, had F163 Continentals. The 30,40,50's; as vanilla trucks, were identical except the counter weight making its' capacity. C20B-367-509 C20B-466-779 C30B-318-463 C40B-676-741 C40B-836-814 C40B-1223-930 C40B-888-2081 C50-608-586 So, your truck has ..84...777. The 777 seems to be level and spaced as stencil cut. The 8 and the 4, are not as precise and different fonts.. I recall over the years, the "Production Run" numbers were usually very orderly, but it was not uncommon to see the build numbers vary, as if different people/ hand die cut them. From the above, I would make your truck to be a C??-84-777, depending on its engine. You can find the engine number on a flat milled area on the block, where bottom of block meets gasket/oil pan line. Counter weights in that era had the part number cast into the weight on the inside/flat surface mating with the frame. Sort of in slight recessed rectangular space in very large cast/moulded digits. You will have to remove the counterweight to get a peek at the number. Hangs mounted on two protruding frame spurs, and is retained by the big bolt whose head you see down near the hitch area. Simply get it in a clear space, drop the ends of a piece of 5 foot long 1/4" log chain down thru the two holes on top, and pin underneath with bolt thru last link. Use another forklift or chain hoist to snug up the chain, remove the big bolt, then gently raise the weight about 4 inches to clear the hooks. You can then back the lifting forklift enough to see the number on inside surface or hand roll your truck fwd to clear. Then easily meld back, let down,bolt it down. As a WAG, you probably have a C40B-84-777, a very popular truck of that time. Determine your engine, F163 puts it in the 30,40,50 size. Clark dealer's parts man should be able to ID the cwt part number as for a 30/40/50. Then try CLARK again for a Line Card of that configuration...